What do yall do with wheat pennies?

diggininms

Just wondering what yall do with wheat pennies? I found a 1928 wheatie today. I was in a wheatie dry spell. Im still in the silver drought though. Anyway i use a t2 se the new upgraded one. I hit the wheatie hoping it was a dime it read high. It was 5-7 inches my hole was 8-9 inches deep. Well i hit it up until it went in the deepest part of the hole. The xpointer lead me to the bottom of the hole. I swung the t2 over it and nothing. I was in all metal sens @ 99 in bp mode. Now i was in disc mode when i hit the signal. So i notice no depth increase in all metal with my machine. I even tried cl because the manual says it goes a little deeper than bp. Still never saw it. Maybe i got a bad unit. I had it since three weeks now. Any help? Im hoping its juat my ground i ground balanced in the low 70s byvthe way.

I save every wheat I find, whether it's from metal detecting or coin roll hunting. I've been to a lot of sites and only managed to find wheaties, which makes you think that the person who hunted it was probably listening for silver. Keep in mind that I've managed to pull wheat cents out of hunted out parks using ttf. On the other hand, probably the best one I've come across while coin roll hunting would have to be a 1909 VDB in XF condition. I save every collectable coin I find.

I too save em all I'm only 27 rite now so when I'm an old wrinkle man they will all be well over 100 years old. My oldest one so far is 1916

My oldest coin is a 1906 v nickel i cant break into the 1800s i just turned 32 this month so im still a youngin haha i hope. My best find was a 1918s standing liberty quarter. Im from ms so not much old old stuff to be found here. The oldest house in this old ghost town still standing goes back to the 1870s. Cant find who owns it to get permission.

My oldest coin is a 1906 v nickel i cant break into the 1800s i just turned 32 this month so im still a youngin haha i hope. My best find was a 1918s standing liberty quarter. Im from ms so not much old old stuff to be found here. The oldest house in this old ghost town still standing goes back to the 1870s. Cant find who owns it to get permission.

Just broke the 1800s yesterday with three Indian head penny's. Ment to say my oldest wheat penny was a 1916 lol but that 1800s will come for ya! Took me all year.

Ive been detecting for two years lol. I dont have alot of spots or time to detect.

I keep mine in a jar for show and tell.

picture.php

Like a lot of folks here, I started as a coin collector long before I ever picked up my first detector. Every old coin I get, US or foreign, goes into my collection. I will trade with another collector, or sell to one collector to raise funds to buy from a third ...... but that is about it. I have over 300 wheats dug last year from just one site. The location was built in 1948, but wheats go back to 1915 so far. I have completed one set of wheat years coins; as can be expected the 09 S w/ VDB is complicating the next set!!
Find an old Mason jar, or something like an old honey or beer bottle and fill with your wheats; as long as you dig they will keep coming!!

I put them in a box and keep them. Got a little over 800 that many have never been looked at yet. I know there is a least 1 1914-D in there.

12-20-2014-806-allwheats.jpg

Non keys get tumbled and put in a box. Same with Indians. Copper pennies get tumbled and dumped in coin star. Zincolns get sorted. Chewed up ones that I can't turn in get tossed in the trash.

Back
Top Bottom