Coinstar VS The Hunt

diggin4clad

Elite Member
I got out for a two hour hunt this morning at a 1930's era high school that is now used as a middle school. not a whole lot.....$2.87 in clad. On the way back I was able to check a Coinstar machine at the local super market and it produced for me. TWO very worn out clad quarters, 6 clad dimes, 6 Lincolns, A Canadian Dollar Coin, Canadian Quarter, Canadian Nickel and the best coin.....A 1960 Silver Washington Quarter.:woohoo:

Attachments

• Image (16).jpg
    Image (16).jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 145
Ya done good at both places :) I'm surprised that the coinstars don't have a sign on the saying to check the reject tray before leaving. But really glad that they don't.

Ya done good at both places :) I'm surprised that the coinstars don't have a sign on the saying to check the reject tray before leaving. But really glad that they don't.

Funny thing is... that the CoinStar does tell you to check the reject tray. At least the one at my Credit Union does.

Dang, I really have to start checking out the coinstars, but only problem is the Wife does the shopping not me..

I don't shop much either, but it doesn't stop me from stopping in just to check the Coinstar. Lol. I have a problem.

Congrats on both your hunts and finds! :D

I think your worn quarters might actually be Broad Strike Errors. :wow: Here's a website that shows a picture of one (it's towards the end of the page): State Quarter Errors Hope it's worth something, sweet find. :D

Congrats on both your hunts and finds! :D

I think your worn quarters might actually be Broad Strike Errors. :wow: Here's a website that shows a picture of one (it's towards the end of the page): State Quarter Errors Hope it's worth something, sweet find. :D
They certainly look like the one in the link you sent me. BUT.......would someone have TWO of these errors and then try to cash them in? Highly unlikely but I'll try to get someone's opinion who has knowledge of error coins and keep my fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom