Frustrating Day

bubbaron

Forum Supporter
I hunted two new sites today. One was an old baseball field and the other a lot where a 1924 school had been. I netted 3 clad quarters two clad dimes and three pennies for a grand total of $.98. Nothing really old. I just can't seem to score on new sites ?? I don't know what or where to hunt anymore. Hopefully with warmer weather some of my older clad laden sites will produce again.
HELP !!!
Bubbaron NOX 600, AT PRO, AT CARROT PIN POINTER

It’s a lot like fishing Bubba. You gotta either have a site nobody knows about or has access to,or...be a better fisherman with gear to match. You have the gear. Are you a better fisherman? Being “better” includes knowing when to walk away because the return isn’t what you want. You can likely come back. But when you’re feeling beaten,walk away. ALWAYS have a plan B.
If you limit yourself to the same 10 sites,unless they are very unlike mine,they dry up. It’s not necessarily your “fault”. The fault would be staying there to retrieve nothing much. I know it doesn’t help your situation much if at all,but it’s what all of us run up against and is THE single largest frustration of detecting. WHERE TO HUNT.

Bubba, Maybe try door knocking or even better I like to wait till I see people out in their yards, they seem to be more receptive. I look at the foundations of the house, give you an idea of how old. and I stay away from places with manicured lawns. Just a thought. Good luck Mark

That's the reason I haven't done well detecting not many sites around here we have one park .

Back
Top Bottom