New oldest coin! SAT DOWN!

gseuser

Elite Member
Hey everyone! So I went back to my trail spot where I have saved some incredible pieces of history. I decided to check out a new area of the permission and start getting some chatter after a long long stretch of nothing. Then BAM the Max starts screaming 80. I cut a nice plug and see silver staring at me. I figured it had to be seated based on everything else thats been found. Yep its SEATED alright! :D first one on the year and a new oldest coin for me! 1841-O. Im still very stoked with this find! (I believe those scratches are older because they aren't shiny like a new scratch)

Attachments

• IMG_4730.JPG
    IMG_4730.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_4723.JPG
    IMG_4723.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_4721.jpg
    IMG_4721.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_4726.JPG
    IMG_4726.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
Man, I would be stoked too! She's a beauty! Congrats on a really nice oldie.

G2M

Wow that's a beauty! Hoping to find my first silver this weekend, I think I can get a few hours of hunting time in at least in my yard (house built 1870's) and my grandparents yard (house built in 1940's)

Congrats on a super dig and your newest oldest coin. The trail finds have been neat to follow with the old coinage, first the Large Cents and now a Seated. Trapper

SAAAAAWEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

Shes a beauty.
How bout a picture of her backside ??? I'd die to see that early reverse type in the plug someday......
congrats again....Can't wait to see what else you pull out of that spot......

Back
Top Bottom