Wedding band returned to owner

OZ_IL

Forum Supporter
I found a wedding band in a volleyball court over the weekend. Unlike a previous wedding band I found this one was inscribed. The first thing I did was call the park department but they had no record of a lost ring so I called the police department which I haven't heard back from yet. I also tried two local parishes, giving them the names on the ring and the date. No match. Cook County doesn't have marriage license look-ups on line to I e-mailed (vital records) and asked what the procedure was. I lucked out and reached the director who asked me for the information, where the aides would have had me send some submittal form in. He found a match, but the wedding date on the license was one week later. Close enough in my book. I was able to get the last name off the license and found a match in my town. Good thing they had a listed number! Returned it today and they offered a reward. I countered with permission to hunt their property (typical house going back to around WWII).. She said no problem and told me there may be a platinum wedding band on the parkway that was lost by her brother in law? Lost in the winter when it came flying off in the winter. Hopefully it didn't land in some snowbank on the street where it would be lost forever. Once the weather cools down and we get some rain I'll detect around their house.
Oh yeah - the husband rented a metal detector himself but couldn't find it. No idea what model it was. Ring was lost about one month back.

Steve_Meghan_Wedding_Ring1.jpg

Steve_Meghan_Wedding_Ring2.jpg

Great story, good deed, and I love the reward! That was a smart response to the offer. Great work all the way around! Thanks!

OZ is da man!!

You are a credit to all metal detectors everywhere for getting that back to it's owner. It seems you put more effort into it then some would. Like I said...you da man!! :lol:

Good going. From reading what you did it would be a good idea if you lost something to try to leave information for its return if it's ever found with whomever would be appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom