Its been too long...

PanheadDan

Before winter set in (or atleast what we call winter here in Alabama), my good timing group of detecting buddies had been on a stint of failed hunts, all at permissions i had put a lot of time in to reach owners contact info etc.. After the 3rd mid 1800's mansion turned up nothing, and a couple hundred miles had been driven with no booty to show for it, kinda of seemed like we all took a break from detecting and each other for a bit.. Kids, work, and other hobbies helped make that easier. But, after Feb rolled through and some warmer, sunny days sprinkled in, Digger27 and I re visited and got a couple small park hunts, nothing special, but it has almost re introduced me to the hobby. I hate that I didn't pick up my detector for what seemed like 4 months, but I am now officially locked in. Only good find to report is this 1903 V Nickle that sprouted from the flattest, most hunted section of the 1800's park I hunt religiously. Love that there is still goodies to find there. Also I have probably dug 6 small musket balls there in the last couple days.
I put myself on order for the Nox 800 as well. Seeing how beneficial that machine could be in our highly mineralized, iron infested soil here in Alabama, I am excited to re visit most of my old sites and parks to see what it can pick out. Happy Hunting everyone! Hopefully reporting back sooner than later.

Attachments

• IMG_8341.JPG
    IMG_8341.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 205
Don't you wish you could bottle that feeling and crack it open when you need a good refresher?

Whatever got you back here take note and next time remember what it was.
and whatever it was glad you are back on the juice !!

Good Luck with your new Setup !!

Nice work nabbing that V! Congrats on your Nox order too, and glad to here Digger27 is still around, haven’t seen him post in too long!

Nice work nabbing that V! Congrats on your Nox order too, and glad to here Digger27 is still around, haven’t seen him post in too long!

Thanks! yea, like all of us, Dave has life stuff to handle too. But, we are still getting out and about.

Cold, (for us), winter weather, life stuff...all kinds of things can get in the way.
I have been out over the last several weeks trying to get my Cors Cannon coil tuned in but I have been hunting mostly close to me parks that I have hit millions of times so I am gaining experience and knowledge but not much to show and brag about unless you like to see pictures of dirty clad.
Still, the season is just beginning and I am sure there are some surprises and thrills ahead.

So Dan you got in line for a Nox 800, huh...2019 should be an interesting season after you get it.:lol:

Cold, (for us), winter weather, life stuff...all kinds of things can get in the way.
I have been out over the last several weeks trying to get my Cors Cannon coil tuned in but I have been hunting mostly close to me parks that I have hit millions of times so I am gaining experience and knowledge but not much to show and brag about unless you like to see pictures of dirty clad.
Still, the season is just beginning and I am sure there are some surprises and thrills ahead.

So Dan you got in line for a Nox 800, huh...2019 should be an interesting season after you get it.:lol:

HAHA. Thankfully Dave, i did a healthy amount of research on how / where to buy. Very reputable small shop owner who has served in Minelab sales for 20 years is paying off for him, as he is getting bi weekly shipments, and whispered off record where I was on the list ; ) so ACTUALLY, the month of May should be interesting lol

HAHA. Thankfully Dave, i did a healthy amount of research on how / where to buy. Very reputable small shop owner who has served in Minelab sales for 20 years is paying off for him, as he is getting bi weekly shipments, and whispered off record where I was on the list ; ) so ACTUALLY, the month of May should be interesting lol

Remember that time you borrowed my Bill Babbs scoop?
Remember how you still have it?
Remember the words of this guy?

“Generosity is not in giving me that which I need more than you do, but it is in giving me that which you need more than I do.”
― Kahlil Gibran, Sand and Foam

Just putting that out there.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom