My first successful freshwater beach hunt

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone, so I've hunted the sand at a few freshwater beaches in the past, and have found some old stuff but never any precious metals. Fake rings, wheats, 65 quarters and dimes :laughing: I know of at least one person that hunts these spots and hes done very well, but has probably spent much more time, and I believe he hunts IN the water most times. Sunday night I gave it a go, at a drawn down lake in a nearby city. One of my first targets was the sterling ring, a good 8" down in the sand. Funny how some targets report in sand vs. soil. The initial signal can sound like !!!!, and turn out to be a deep keeper. I dug all signals, hoping for my first gold since 2016. So many lead fishing sinkers :no: some deep too. One of these times, I know a gold will show up, but I really only hunt spots like this in the winter because the solid ground usually has snow. So it may take some time, but I'm happy to finally get that silver ring anyway. Been meaning to post this for a few days now, but been pretty busy cleaning snow :roll: thanks for looking folks, and happy hunting!

EDIT: looks like an Uncas stamp
UNCAS MANUFACTURING CO. --1911 -- present
Mark: "U" with an arrow on each side, pointing toward the "U" since 1919 -- 1988

Attachments

• 0315181120a.jpg
    0315181120a.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 328
  • 0315181122.jpg
    0315181122.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 270
  • 0315181125.jpg
    0315181125.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 283
That wheatie looks to be in decent shape. I'm going to try some freshwater beach hunting at some point I think. The ocean is to far away and I think my AT Pro would do much better with the freshwater anyway.

Nice finds! I just secured a spot that was old swimming hole, but not looking forward to stepping in that water for a bit:shock:

Way to go! Thing to remember is you lose one full ring size IN the water. That's why we find the big gold there and the light stuff at the towel line where the ladies hang out:lol:

Nice hunt and congrats on the silver ring and wheat. Our parks here on the lake open on April 1 and I will be a regular on the beaches. They dont allow anu detecting in the off season.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Nice hunting Jeff, Love the old sterling, Congrats!
Nox should be here next week, hope we get some decent weather soon.
Nice job getting out there and finding silver after all the snow we been getting!

Appreciate the replies everyone! I cant wait to get back out there and search it again! The dry sand is covered in snow, but the small portion that gets exposure after they drain it apparently doesnt accumulate snow? Happy hunting everyone!

Congrats on a nice hunt! I hope to get in the water sometime soon as well. The ground is frozen for too many months here so otherwise the detector sits in the basement till warmer weather.

Back
Top Bottom