• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Toso recovers ring lost 26 years ago

~Alan~

Forum Supporter
Toso recovers ring lost 26 years ago

A ring lost 26 years ago re-surfaced last week as a result of an article about pyrotechnician Bernie Toso and the Fourth of July fireworks display.

?I got a brand-new class ring from 1981,? Toso said in a recent telephone interview.

Toso lost the Emporia High School class ring shortly after he got it, and assumed that it had slipped off while he was riding his motorcycle.

A few days ago, he received a call from Lloyd D. Smith of Olpe.

?I used to do a lot of metal detecting and I ran across it,? Smith said. ?I never located nobody who owned it.?

Smith took it home and kept it in a box.

?Then I read an article about him in the paper,? Smith said. Toso?s initials connected in his mind with the initials he recalled seeing on the ring, so he verified they were the same and gave Toso a call.

?He actually found it in a church yard that was adjacent to my house,? Toso said. ?He read the article and put two and two together.?

The ring, with its blue stone, looked like new, Toso said.

Toso wasn?t surprised that the ring no longer fit his ring finger, but he quickly solved that problem.

?I?ve got it on my pinky right now,? he said.

Anglo-Saxon coin is coming home!

A rare Anglo-Saxon coin found in Biggleswade and bought for a record-breaking sum is coming back to the county six years after being unearthed.

The gold mancus from the reign of Coenwulf, King of Mercia, will be on display at Bedford Museum on loan from the British Museum ? which paid more than ?350,000 for it.

Bedford Today

Ancient British cult of Totatis discovered in Lincolnshire

Staff from the Portable Antiquities Scheme, the Briitish Museum and dozens
of metal detectorists have been working together to uncover the mystery of a
long-lost cult to the Celtic god Totatis in Lincolnshire, dating to the late Iron
Age and Roman period.

From the PAS Website

Back
Top Bottom