old tracker 1-d/505 help needed

fs_hockey

How do I read the display and figure out what type of metal I have, the display is not a digital one like most newer detecters I picked it up at a garage sale but I am saving up for a better detecter

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,836
Welcome to the forum fs hockey. I have never used a metal detector with the meter, but I'm guessing the format for target identification is nearly the same as one with a digital target indicator. Iron will be the low tones and metals such as silver will be higher. If this holds true foil should be mid 40's, pull tabs ans some can hash in the 50's and silver in the 80's. But, if it has a head phones connector I'd put a set of good phones on it and set up a test field with targets of the various types metal you'll encounter while actively detecting. Use the tones before you use the meter and learn to identify the low, mid and high range tones and the target they identify. Have patience and have fun....my family used to have both semi-automatic and single shot rifles and shotguns. Only when the boys could load and fire the single shot weapons effectively, and was comfortable hunting with them, would dad let them touch a semi-automatic rifle. Surprisingly, they often preferred to stay with the more basic weapon rather than spoiling the sport of the hunt with a more complicated one. I'd suggest that you do get a good pin pointer early on because it will help narrow your searches down and save divot digging time.

ATP/GPP/Fiskars Diggers/BH Outback/CT hand held

All the snow is gone and it's supposed to be in the mid 50s on Saturday so il plays around with it, I have found some interesting things like a old bottle opener, end of a shovel, one of my toy airplanes from when I was a kid and the end of a shot gun shell no coins or rings yet, I started to really get into detecting last summer after watching episodes of diggers

I used that machine for two weeks around Christmas. A friend let me borrow it. It is a beast. If there is something there it will find it. If you set discrim. all the way over to the right, high beeps will be coins, silver, or soda cans, and a deep beep will be pull tabs or nickels. It can find a lot of nice stuff just play around with the discrim.

I'm out with it now and posting from my iPhone, I don't have a pin pointer and I'm getting a good beep but I've dug several holes and found nothing, after watching a video on YouTube on hot to pin point with out a pin pointer I went back out then it turns out the signal I was trying to dig up was a piece of aluminum 6in down, I may go to the baseball field in back of my house once the little league team gets done practicing

I have had several Bounty Hunter machines in the past and I actually like them a lot. The meter will not help you in determining the metal. In fact, most people will tell you to not even bother with the meter.

From my understanding, it is "supposed" to be an intensity meter that is supposed to go farther to the right, the closer to the target you are. All of the ones that I used though ALWAYS went to the right EVERY TIME I got a signal.

Just listen to your machine and learn what it is telling you. You can find good finds with it.

Doug

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Back
Top Bottom