She's almost ready! (Hookah Rig)

onthespot

Elite Member
Almost got my Hookah rig ready to go.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210303-142225_Photos-01.jpg
    Screenshot_20210303-142225_Photos-01.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 456
Nothing is mounted yet in these photos, I just wanted to give you an idea. I have some work to do on the deck. The whole rig breaks down and fits in the trunk of my Prius.

Attachments

• Pontoon dive rig.jpg
    Pontoon dive rig.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 489
Cool rig. Are you running any tanks for backup air should it shut off? Or are you not diving deep enough to matter?

Wow what a rig! Good luck!!!

Never really had a problem with them, although we have killed a slew of them.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1597597343923.jpg
    FB_IMG_1597597343923.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 445
  • FB_IMG_1597597326518.jpg
    FB_IMG_1597597326518.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 420
  • FB_IMG_1585749250278.jpg
    FB_IMG_1585749250278.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 456
My opinion aint worth much .... but that looks like a lot of work if you intend to break it down, put it back together each time plus clean up. Especially now with a couple of battery ones being shown that can easily be carried any where. But then im to lazy to buy one of those even....:laughing: Looks good..... i wouldnt wont to do it every day thou.

Very cool! How long does a tank of gas usually last for each dive? Been looking at the new hookahs, but they arent cheap, that's for sure. Looks like a brand new T-80 goes for around 399$. I have a spot I KNOW is loaded with gold and silver, just trying to figure out the best way to get down there, for the least amount of money :lol: I would only be down anywhere from 5-15'. Good luck out there!

Dew, just another tool in the tool box. Those battery Operated units are toys. They only have 10' airlines, they can't even get to the bottom at the city pool. Lol All those famous youtubers that push them, do it because there getting paid to. At the end of the day, they are using tanks 90% of the time, as am I.

Very cool! How long does a tank of gas usually last for each dive? Been looking at the new hookahs, but they arent cheap, that's for sure. Looks like a brand new T-80 goes for around 399$. I have a spot I KNOW is loaded with gold and silver, just trying to figure out the best way to get down there, for the least amount of money :lol: I would only be down anywhere from 5-15'. Good luck out there!

I'm hoping for about 2.5 hrs a tank of gas. I would suggest taking a dive class, and getting certified. I got my Hookah used for $250. It has a cheap 6.5 HP Harbour Fright motor, and the t-80 compressor. I just picked up the pontoon boat for $200, also used.

Dew, just another tool in the tool box. Those battery Operated units are toys. They only have 10' airlines, they can't even get to the bottom at the city pool. Lol All those famous youtubers that push them, do it because there getting paid to. At the end of the day, they are using tanks 90% of the time, as am I.

Umm I have NO idea what battery ones you are looking at. The Hookamax battery one and the AirLine both have at least 60 foot hoses

I've got a battery powered hooka that runs for 4 hrs on a charge and fits in the boot assembled, so it's doable. The difference is mine costs about $2500USD. It can supply air to 12m deep.

I can see your rig will have an advantage on rough weather and you could extend your time with a larger tank, downside it it's heavy

You have a spot that you KNOW is loaded with gold and silver and you are worried about being cheap ? I can't believe I just read that from you.....

I was thinking the same thing, being in "Gator Country". :gunbandanna:

I did recovery dives for my police department in Florida for years and never had an issue with gators under water. Usually we make enough activity they leave the area before we get in, but on several occasions I bumped them under water. If you give them a little push they'll swim off.

Back
Top Bottom