pinpointer time turning on an off

jimmy clark

this may be a dumb question but I was wondering which pinpointer takes the least time to turn on an off? I have one now that's takes two or three seconds to turn on, an it beeps six times before it goes off an that drives me crazy. If I could find one that turns on in one second an goes off in one second, that would be almost as good for me as one with really good depth. you would think there would be a pinpointer that comes on as soon as you push the button an go off as soon as you let go of the button. I read one time where someone modified a garrett pointer that would do that.

... I have one now that's takes two or three seconds to turn on, an it beeps six times before it goes off an that drives me crazy. If I could find one that turns on in one second an goes off in one second, that would be almost as good for me as one with really good depth.

....I read one time where someone modified a garrett pointer that would do that.

I own a Garrett ProPointer (original black model) and the Garrett ProPointer II. Both turn on and are ready for business in one second or less, no modifications needed. They each issue a double beep when the button is pushed to turn on, then a single beep when turned off, that way the user has an aural indication of the pinpointer's power state with each button push. I've never used the orange Garrett ProPointer AT, but I can't imagine it operates any differently.

I own a Garrett ProPointer (original black model) and the Garrett ProPointer II. Both turn on and are ready for business in one second or less, no modifications needed. They each issue a double beep when the button is pushed to turn on, then a single beep when turned off, that way the user has an aural indication of the pinpointer's power state with each button push. I've never used the orange Garrett ProPointer AT, but I can't imagine it operates any differently.

Same operation with the orange version.

Back
Top Bottom