She's almost ready! (Hookah Rig)

You have a spot that you KNOW is loaded with gold and silver and you are worried about being cheap ? I can't believe I just read that from you.....

Price isnt an issue here, definitely didnt mean to sound cheap. I know anyway you slice it or dice it, your looking at a couple grand to get going, after certification, supplies, etc. I was trying to calculate how much it would cost to build your own hookah system VS. buying a battery powered unit. I like the NEMO but, if I can make my own for a few hundred dollars less, and get similar or better performance, seems like a no brainer? :?:

CD to help ease your anxiety 25 years ago I was wading detecting at a fresh water town beach only about 25 miles east of you. 2 divers came out of the water with detectors and showed me a pouch with yellow mixed in with coins. They said they hit as many swim areas as they can.
I now have been diving for 7 years and being retired I dive a lot and I have yet to hit a swim area that has not been hit in the past.
Being a diver and talking with other divers most swim areas have been hit by divers more then you think.
Jim

Very cool! How long does a tank of gas usually last for each dive? Been looking at the new hookahs, but they arent cheap, that's for sure. Looks like a brand new T-80 goes for around 399$. I have a spot I KNOW is loaded with gold and silver, just trying to figure out the best way to get down there, for the least amount of money :lol: I would only be down anywhere from 5-15'. Good luck out there!

CD to help ease your anxiety 25 years ago I was wading detecting at a fresh water town beach only about 25 miles east of you. 2 divers came out of the water with detectors and showed me a pouch with yellow mixed in with coins. They said they hit as many swim areas as they can.
I now have been diving for 7 years and being retired I dive a lot and I have yet to hit a swim area that has not been hit in the past.
Being a diver and talking with other divers most swim areas have been hit by divers more then you think.
Jim

Yikes :laughing: this particular spot I'm referring to, I found 20 or so gold and about 80 pieces of silver last year, on the shore. I could only hunt it to about knee deep, but even there I was getting multiple good targets. Swim buckles and old fishing sinkers galore! So unless they skipped this section, I'm safely assuming this patch goes into the water as well. Other than this spot though, I've got nothing :lol: I see more and more people buying those Nemo's, must be a good reason for it. I have never gone diving, but it is a top priority for me to get certified at some point so this spot DOESNT get hammered in the meantime. But between a full time job, a 4 and 8 year old, and a HUGE honey do list, my hunting has been limited to short, hour or two, land hunts. I have been researching equipment for a few years, these threads are a major resource for me, and I appreciate the people who take the time to post helpful tips. If you ever have more advice, please do send me a PM! Good luck out there!

Yikes :laughing: this particular spot I'm referring to, I found 20 or so gold and about 80 pieces of silver last year, on the shore. I could only hunt it to about knee deep, but even there I was getting multiple good targets. Swim buckles and old fishing sinkers galore! So unless they skipped this section, I'm safely assuming this patch goes into the water as well. Other than this spot though, I've got nothing :lol: I see more and more people buying those Nemo's, must be a good reason for it. I have never gone diving, but it is a top priority for me to get certified at some point so this spot DOESNT get hammered in the meantime. But between a full time job, a 4 and 8 year old, and a HUGE honey do list, my hunting has been limited to short, hour or two, land hunts. I have been researching equipment for a few years, these threads are a major resource for me, and I appreciate the people who take the time to post helpful tips. If you ever have more advice, please do send me a PM! Good luck out there!

Is there any reason you stopped at knee deep?? 20 Gold is a nice number to add to.

That's right... you were talking about two deep cell batteries recently. How many hours of pumping do you get with that rig?

Just bought them and haven't had it out for a long time yet. I will have it all hooked up when I return and start diving this year. I made this system so I can go slowly across the top of the water that is 7 - 9 foot deep and eyeball stuff. I throw out a sinker line and bobber and go back. Jump in with the hookah and see what was on the bottom.

I have found bombs, bills, an outboard motor, sunglasses and all kinds of things that way.

Just bought them and haven't had it out for a long time yet. I will have it all hooked up when I return and start diving this year. I made this system so I can go slowly across the top of the water that is 7 - 9 foot deep and eyeball stuff. I throw out a sinker line and bobber and go back. Jump in with the hookah and see what was on the bottom.

I have found bombs, bills, an outboard motor, sunglasses and all kinds of things that way.

Cool! Would be useful as heck on a river. I know our local river gets a ton of float tubers every year, and they lose tons of rings at one particular spill. I'll bet there is 2lbs of gold rings at that spot, but it's 6' of water and nearly impossible to stay down in the current. LOL

Back
Top Bottom