Anyone in Los Angeles Ca.

usmceng1

Hello, Im looking for people in the area to go MD with. Me and my wife started detecting about 4 yrs ago mostly at the beach on dry sand and were lovin it but then we had our little girl who is almost 3 now and free time together to MD is kinda scarce. I really have the MD itch and have been upgrading my MD selection and watching alot of you tube videos. Would like to meet beginners as well as expierenced hunters for tips, new spots, information on which parks allow metal detecting and trying out diffrent makes and models of detectors. Intrested in detecting wet sand, dry sand, parks, gold and wherever we can find some good stuff. I have 2 BH discovery 3300, BH Landstar, Fisher 1270 Fisher F5, Tek Omega 8000, Garret Sea Hunter MK 2 and a Fisher CZ-21. I am looking to buy hopefully very soon a Detector Pro Headhunter Pulse for my wife so we can double pulse the wet sand and surf. And a Fisher Gold bug Pro or a Garrett ATPro for nugget hunting.( Think Im addicted to buying detectors) Still a beginner but ready to get out there and finally get some diggin and scooping time.

Last edited:
I'm around the LA area. South Gate to be exact. I'm also a newb. I have a White's GMT and go out hunting by myself whenever I get a chance. Would love company. Let me know when you'd like to get together & hunt. Peace

Thanks for responding I definately will, hopefully soon, best day would be a sat morn but prob can get out on a fri or sun morn. Where have you detected? Any good finds? orlando

Ive been to Elysian park, Griffith park and beach huntibg at Long Beach only. As indicated earlier, Im very green at this. Just started so I haven't much experience. My best find so far is an old indian nickel at Elysian park. Cant see the date though.

Great find, havent found any old coins just newer coins at the beach we have really only dry sand hunted at the beach. Been wanting to detect griffith and elesian park and also some local parks to find some old coins hopefully.

I'm also in Southern Cal hunting local parks and beaches. Been at it for about two years, so still trying to learn something new every day.
I'll be heading down to Rredondo Bch later today for low tide. I'll be the guy in the wet cammo shorts and the Sand Shark :D come down and say hi, always eager to meet another friendly pirate.

Hello thanks for the reply, Hopefully I can get some free time soon so I can hit the beach with you. Any good finds at redondo? Hows that Sand shark treating you.

Just getting Started

Hi guys,

I am just starting to MD and live in Burbank. Let me know if you ever need a partner. I am pretty much available on the weekends.

Greg

*edit* Do you guys know if there are rules or permits needed to hit the beaches?

Hi greg, thanks for the reply, I think all public beaches are open to detecting only private beaches are not or you have to get permission. So here in So Cal we have no shortage of public beaches full of people who drop alot of goodies for us to find. Just fill all your holes so no one hurts themselves. We havent hunted any parks though, not sure about the rules at parks, if they allow digging maybe some do and some dont not sure. Maybe you have to ask the park rangers.

parks

Well,

I called the local city park official and they had no problem with me hunting there. All they requested was that I fill in the holes. I got the name of the superintendent of parks and contact info, just in case I get hassled.

It really does help to make those phone calls.

If you ever need someone to go out with on a Saturday (all day) or Sunday (afternoon) pm me and we can work something out.

Greg

Hello, I ve been wanting to go detecting at Elysian Park. Do i need a permit? What about Griffith Park? happy hunting

This is so exciting! I have been trying to find people in the area to hunt with for awhile now and had no luck until this thread! I don't care to hunt beaches all that much but I love hunting old parks please contact me if you have anything in mind and we can try to meet up and go for it

Im excited about all the responses also, Aynytime any of you guys are headed out let me know and if I can make it Ill be there if not at least now we have other people we can contact. Hopefully one day we can all meet up at a park or beach and do some diggn.:D

I should be getting all my gear today or tommorrow. I want to practice up for a bit at the local parks and then maybe next weekend we can plan on getting together on Saturday for a day out at a park or a beach.

Any takers?

Greg

I would love to, part of what I need help with is people who have had success with their research for old parks. like I said I did a bunch of research in the fall and found almost all of the places I searched had been resod. Right now my class schedule is pretty intense so my research time is limited but I would be willing to go out if you guys find a good old park or homesite with permission (I'm very much a dirt dog, I like my parks and old houses)

Let me know! and good luck if you head out to the beaches

Colebear,

You have some nice finds. Do you have any good spots you know of that we could hunt in the LA area?

I am pretty much up for anything to get my feet wet or hands dirty.

Greg

*also I am looking to buy a pinpointer if anyone has an extra that is selling one for a fair price.

I have a bounty hunter pinpointer you could have if you want it, Upgraded to the pro pointer let me know if your intrested.

Oh most definately interested. Can't accept it for free though, although I may have a couple silver rosies and such I can trade for it!

Greg

Unfortunately all of the finds I have listed in my signature are from my time in New England. I have found no coin older than 1965 since being in California and was hoping that we could combine information and hopefulyl find some good places to hunt together

Back
Top Bottom