Impressed by tumbling clad.

BentRod

Elite Member
Just pulled my first batch of clad (dimes, quarters, and nickles) from the tumbler. Just tossed in water, a handful of gravel from the driveway and a drop of dish soap and let it run for a few hours. Wow! The really crudy ones weren't shiny, but much better than they were. I was impressed. :cool:

I tumble my clad before I cash it in and never have a problem. Before I started tumbling, I shut the Coinstar down with dirty money.

Sounds good. I don't even bother with media any more, gravel or whatever, the coins seem to clean each other up just as good.

Sounds good. I don't even bother with media any more, gravel or whatever, the coins seem to clean each other up just as good.

Same here, I rarely use anything in the tumbler although I did notice some gravel on the road that I may try some time, it's small like cat litter yet harder.]

Broken glass does a great job if you ever want to try something new.

I'll have to try it without any media. I've got some crust Lincolns going right now. Checked them at two hours and didn't think they were quite fully cooked yet. :lol:

I throw everything in the tumbler and let 'er rip. Coins and junk jewelry clean up good together.

Here's a trick for you, once you get the tarnish off silver jewelry you can tumble it with a pound of stuff called jewelers media and a drop of Dawn and the silver will come out looking like a mirror in an hour or two.

Beats polishing it on a wheel. Once my wife saw the results she gathered up all of her silver jewelry and had me tumble it.

I throw everything in the tumbler and let 'er rip. Coins and junk jewelry clean up good together.

Here's a trick for you, once you get the tarnish off silver jewelry you can tumble it with a pound of stuff called jewelers media and a drop of Dawn and the silver will come out looking like a mirror in an hour or two.

Beats polishing it on a wheel. Once my wife saw the results she gathered up all of her silver jewelry and had me tumble it.

I'll see if I can find some jewelers media. I like that idea. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom