1846 1/4 real out in Old Ca with other goodies

JackalopeZL1

Elite Member
1846 1/4 real out in Old Ca with other goodies
Hi All, I got to go hunt today for my holiday off. Beautiful weather here in Northern Ca today so it made for a fantastic day!!

I was invited by my friend to go hunt with him to a spot with some emigrant/goldrush history today and of course I jumped at the chance. Dan is a great guy and always a ton of fun to hunt with.

Any ways with in 20 minutes of being at this sight I got a horrible signal and almost passed it up but you have to dig these signals when there is so much iron at the sight. I dug down about 6 inches and pulled out a green round disc. I quickly gave it a swipe and I knew I had something old. Wasn't sure what it was but saw 1/4 on the back. Last month I saw someone post a 1/4 real and that was the first time I had seen one. Sure enough that is what I got.

I was very Happy to say the least!!

About 1/2 hr later I found a surface find of a really cool 1 piece button, If you have any clue please fill me in but it seems late 1700's to early 1800's It reads "Rich Orange" "373" "Gilt Colour"

I also grabbed a few older underwear buttons as well as a couple jean buttons One saying "SERVAL" and one a little newer with "lee union alls"

Lastly I found a 1915s wheat penny in really nice shape with only 4 million minted it is a lower minted penny
first 5 minutes

Attachments

• real2.jpg
    real2.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 611
  • Real 1.jpg
    Real 1.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 595
  • real3.jpg
    real3.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 594
  • real4.jpg
    real4.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 604
  • real 5.jpg
    real 5.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 594
Last edited:
Nice find, congrats! I gmfound an 1860 1/4 reale a couple years ago in Southern California. I was told that those fraction copper reales are more rare than finding a silver one. I think Tom mentioned that when I found mine. Maybe he will chime in.

Wow those are some cool finds, congrats! Frozen ground here and it snows as I type this. Keep posting, it is good to know someone is hunting!!

Nice find, congrats! I gmfound an 1860 1/4 reale a couple years ago in Southern California. I was told that those fraction copper reales are more rare than finding a silver one. I think Tom mentioned that when I found mine. Maybe he will chime in.

Thanks Jamflicker, I didn't even know about these till last month so finding one was super cool, I was blown away to hear they actually made a 1/8 real too..

Man, that’s super fn sweeeeeeeet! Nice job, work and congrats Jack!

Thanks!

Wow those are some cool finds, congrats! Frozen ground here and it snows as I type this. Keep posting, it is good to know someone is hunting!!
Thanks and will do. There has to be more there!!

Great finds!

thanks!

Back
Top Bottom