• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

CZ-5 anything out perform this yet??

vetteguy

I love my CZ-5, but by now Im sure there might be other detectors out there that have surpassed mine....I am thinking about the Minelab exp 2....I have heard alot of mixed reviews about it ?...please let me know if you have used both , the CZ-5 and the Minelab or something else that has outperformed the CZ's depth

The EXII as well as the DFX are at least two detectors that will out perform the CZ5. Don't get me wrong , the CZ5 is a great detector but even the CZ3D will out do it.

the best detector is the 1 that you know inside an out,not saying a new one want be better but it will take some time to relearn everything. the person behild the machine is the 1 with the skills.

I know the CZ-5 like its part of my body...and have loved it...but I also know that technology is always getting better...I love learning about how each detector works..I think I would like the more complicated one rather than the easy to operate detector...The thing I always loved about my CZ-5 is you can crank up the sensitivity to the max, and no chattering, ofcourse I use the bobbing technique to ground balance...just love how stable it is....I have been detecting for a long time, and have had many detectors....no matter how good you are, you are also limited to how well your machine can perform too...so I want one of the best if you get my drift?...thanks for the input people...Oh and Tony!...I heard nothing but good about you..so when I make my decision I will most likely order from you...Thanks a million!

Mike

I have the 6a which is just the rainproof version of your machine and have used the 7,7a etc but have never managed to run maximum sensitivity on any of them.
Admittedly the control is non linear so maximum is not as high as you would think but I wonder if your machine is in need of a service ?
With 20 odd trimmers/adjustable pots its worth the small amount Fisher charge. I gained over one inch in discrimination and the mushy tone was corrected back to a nice clear one.
You could find the new machine you want is the one you already own.

Now your talking. My old Sovereign with either the 14" Penetrator or the SunRay 12" will equal or beat the Explorer on most sites especially if a booster is added to make up for the lack of pre-amp on most third party coils.

Back
Top Bottom