My first find on Valentines Day

agbkyle

Forum Supporter
Went out with pbrods this morning to the excavated park.
My very first signal of the day and it was this Heart. Pbrods thinks it was a 1800's heel plate on a kids boot but I don't know.
Was too frustrating to dig there as it was still too frozen so we headed off to the beach for the rest of the day.
There he finds a ring with a heart on it, then I find a heart pendant.
Wonder if this all means we shoulda been home with our wives today instead of out hunting ;)
Anyway, pbrods scored an awesome 10k gold ring that has a butterfly with about 7 diamonds in it. A beauty.
Was a good day out huntin in the February cold anyway.
HH

Attachments

• heart.jpg
    heart.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 464
I think that would be the only thing that would have saved my A#@ if I had gone out hunting today. Instead I bought flowers and am cooking dinner like a good boy.:D

HA! Theres just something about detecting on Valentines day that screams " Your not getting any tonight!" :lol::lol: .... J/k.. I agree, strange coincidence though.

BV

:lol::lol:
Yeah it was the most ironic thing for me. Tell the wife I'm going hunting and find a heart on the very first dig.
I still can't believe it.

So glad we went out today. I love finding portugues gold. It was funny, I asked Agbkyle what he wanted to find. He said a $20.00 gold coin. I said I wanted to find a diamond rind worth a couple hundred bucks. I took a few steps and swings and low and behold, right on top of the sand was a 10k ring with 7 tiny diamonds on it...lmoa The pics don't do them justice but here they are anyway...The 1st ring is silver plated, the second is stamped 750. What is that? The 3rd is 10k and the last is a rimfire casing that's allot bigger then a 22 and is stamped US. Any ideas on the casing?

Attachments

• DSC00004.jpg
    DSC00004.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 427
  • DSC00007.jpg
    DSC00007.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 415
  • DSC00008.jpg
    DSC00008.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 423
  • DSC00015.jpg
    DSC00015.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 420
  • DSC00016.jpg
    DSC00016.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 417
  • DSC00024.jpg
    DSC00024.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 417
Yeah pbrods, nothing like setting a goal and acheiving it in like 10 minutes.
That's a nice ring.

We found an old shell casing like that at an old town site (1850-1900). I don't think we ever did figure out for sure just what it was. We posted it and had a lot of different replies. You may be able to find it by using the search.

Nice job guys! You both did well, how was the sand at the beach? Did you guys do dry sand or wet? I noticed the last times I went to the beach the dry was too frozen to dig and the tide line was frozen too there were was ice all over, I was lucky if I could get down an inch. I was thinking of checking out a beach tomorrow hoping it'd be a bit better.

Nice job guys! You both did well, how was the sand at the beach? Did you guys do dry sand or wet? I noticed the last times I went to the beach the dry was too frozen to dig and the tide line was frozen too there were was ice all over, I was lucky if I could get down an inch. I was thinking of checking out a beach tomorrow hoping it'd be a bit better.

We did the wet sand.

Yeah pbrods, nothing like setting a goal and acheiving it in like 10 minutes.
That's a nice ring.

Remember what you said you wanted to find? A $20.00 gold coin? I know why...I was watching a pawn shop show I had dvr'd and a lady found one and they are worth up to $30,000 WOW! He said it was worth about $900.00 in melt weight alone. Even the forgery's are real gold.

I want one too...lmao

Back
Top Bottom