Cars

kachterhof

Can a hobby metal detector be used to find buried cars? If so can any one recommend a paricular brand model that would be suitble for this.

Oregon................Buried cars.... :?: :?: :?:

Well, I guess you have a reason for asking that question. A pulse induction detector should do the job....... Side bar, Just how deep do they bury them in Oregon? If there less then 20 ft deep, something of that magnitude should register on a hobby detector. If you get a tone 16 ft x 6 ft you probably have found one.

I thought that your state was one of those enlightened states with higher standards toward pollution...........Gil

I should have mentioed if you looking for JUST one, go to a rental place and get one for the day. If your trying to locate a fleet, you might invest in a decent model for a few hundred $. H.H. Gil. :roll:

Are you looking for that car in that Steven King short story where the school teacher buried that guy (DIllon I think) in his cadillac?

Thanks fo rthe input.

Yep oregon. We do have our share of rednecks. Probably could be our main export if there was a market.

I am buying a pice of property. The owner had several abondond cars on it. He has now pasted away and the family is selling. When we walked the property with the family they kept saying "he never buried any cars here, becuase he did not have a way to bury them."

They have said it so many times that I am starting to wonder.

I would also like to find all of the misc little parts that seem to litter the property just beneath the surface of the ground.

Thanks

I see now your reason for asking. Your saying, "He doth protest to much" More then once would make me suspicious as well. If you feel the need to scan the property looking for buried cars and you have no experience, call a club and see if you can get someone to go over it with you using his equipment and know how. If the property is not yours you have to do what we do when we want to check out other peoples back yards......Ask the owners, tell them you feel a need to do it for your own peace of mind.......Gil

Back
Top Bottom