MINELAB XTERRA 30??????

strack350

Before the forum was updated, I posted about the ACE 250 wanting to know info about it. Well now I am thinking that i should get a "better" detector that will last me longer. I have looked at the minelab xterra 30 and it seems like a new breed of detector. does anyone have any info on this? Tony........anyone??????? thanks for your help.

The Xterra 30 is going to be a winner and Minelab has allowed us to lower the price so you can get one under 400.00 now. The Xmas package is still in effect and you'll get that too. This is the new wave and its just begun.
Let me know if you need any other help.
:yes:

Do you honestly think the Xterra 30 will last for at least 5 years until I grow out of it? Sorry to sound so rude, I started with a bounty hunter lonestar about 3 months ago just so see how I like this hobby, and feel I need someting "better". It has been a great detector to learn with, and I have found tons of coins with it .When I buy now I want something at around $400-$450 that will keep me going for the next 5 or so years :D. I Hunt for coins almost 100% of the time, but would maybe like to try the beach or relic/jewlery hunting about once a year, you know just to mix it up a little. I will purchase soon so I need some info/advice now. Thanks so much again for all your help :grin:

In answer to your very first question, I'd say (even tho' I don't have any experience with that machine, what-so-ever):
It all depends on how you treat it. :yes:

I love my Minelab....
But for the $$$$$ range you are looking how about a Fisher ID Excel?

quote from a web site.
"The Fisher ID Excel metal detector uses the hottest new digital technology to give you a digital keypad to adjust discrimination, sensitivity or to activate the easy to use pre-programmed coins/relic mode, accurate Numeric ID so you know what you are digging, and performance that cuts through trash and goes deep! All this power in a lightweight small package with easy to use features - all backed by Fisher metal detectors Lifetime Warranty! Plus, the control box can be handle or hip mounted."

Or a Garrett GTAx 550 list at $499 but $399.95 at web store

Bounty Hunter Land Ranger list $550 but 450 at web store

You might want to go a little richer and get the 50. I sent away for info on them and Minelab sent a great package with a DVD and stuff. They look like really good machines for the price. Cladius.

Compared to their other great (not-so-older) machines, I hear that they're great click-on-and-go creations (but I'm not a "labber", so what do I know? :D)
... but I don't think I'd hesitate too long. Sounds great to me.

cladius said:
You might want to go a little richer and get the 50. I sent away for info on them and Minelab sent a great package with a DVD and stuff. They look like really good machines for the price. Cladius.
I sent away yesterday for a package also, including the DVD. I hope this will help me choose what to buy. If anyone here knows someone who has owned one of these machines find out how they like it. again thanks alot. :D

strack350 said:
Before the forum was updated, I posted about the ACE 250 wanting to know info about it. Well now I am thinking that i should get a "better" detector that will last me longer. I have looked at the minelab xterra 30 and it seems like a new breed of detector. does anyone have any info on this? Tony........anyone??????? thanks for your help.

Here is the info on the Garrett Ace 250...dealers are selling it for $199.95 with FREE SHIPPING via UPS ground.

http://www.garrett.com/manuals/specsheets/1139070.pdf

Well the hardwares going to last 5 years but it seems from your post that you would not mind a learning curve and something that will grow with your experience.
The 30 doesn't sell where I am as the much of the things we are seeking turn up in the rejected section of the 30. With the 50 you can accept down into the rejected section for improved performance. So you could get a 50 but how does the U.S. price compare with other machines ?
Here for the price of a 50 with the 18.75 khz coil I can buy a Sovereign GT with top quality headphones, rechargables,covers etc and choice of an extra 12 or 14 inch coil. Far better wet sand performance and deeper on my soil as well. So I would not even buy the 50. You may rarely go to the beach and the 30 or 50 might suit your ground to a 'T' but you really need to speak to others in your area and find out what the detecting conditions are and what best suits them. We would all just be taking a guess.

OK, after days and days of researching and reading and then reading some more. I have decided to go with the x-terra 50, It is light, has more features, and everywhere I read it is a good all around detector. Which should fit my needs nicely. I will buy in mid to early febuary, "you know tax refund time". Tony it looks like you will get another sale :D thanks agian for all the help and input you guys have given ;)

Thank You in advance. Remember , it's not just the sale with me. I will take care of all your questions after you get the detector and if you need anything let me know.

Strack, Since you won't be purchasing for several more weeks, use the time for additional research. I spent 3-4 months deciding. You are also able to download the manuals to most detectors. Reading the manuals also gives you an important window into their operation. TonyinCt has sold me 3 detectors and a host of accessories in the past 6 months. He will do right by you!!!!

HH!! Bill

haha reading seems to be all I am doing now. I have read every manual i can find that is comparable to the xterra 50. I will buy in the first week of feb. just had my taxes done yesterday. :D I feel the x-terra 50 will be a good learning detector with alot of features and not to mention quality that my current bounty hunter does not have. Thanks alot for your input, if you can think of another model in the 600ish range to look at let me know. I am always open to learn some more ;)

I'm in the same boat. I was thinking ace 250 now I'm not sure what to get. I want to find coins/jewlery/relics and stay under $450. HELP :D .. There are too many choices..

Go with an Xterra30. Its under 400.00 and a pretty good detector. Although it doesn't have the frequency change option it still performs admiraly. There is a little special on the Xterra50 right now. Free NIMH battery pack and you can get the new coil 18.75 khz for 50 % off.
Tony

Back
Top Bottom