Military items

yooper69

Elite Member
These are the items i have found in 50 days since buying the Equinox 800.Thanks for looking 2.jpg

Cool finds Yooper, Have you ever checled out Calumet Airbase up there. Wish I was into detecting when I worked at the place, (then Keweenaw Academy) Also my father was stationed there when still a radar base back in the early 70's. If I ever make it up that way I'll need to check it out. Last I heard the place was closed down but I'm sure I could get permission to hit it easily enough. I believe a guy I used to work with may still be caretaker of the place and my best friend from High Schools brother is the sheriff up there so a quick chat with him I'm sure could point me in the right direction to get access. Always been curious what was buried up there.

Your anchor button looks very simular to mine. Just yours is in WAY better condition.
Do you have any info on yours? I couldn't get anything certain on mine. Had a tin or steel back that was rusted away so I had no backmark at all. Thanks.

(Jealous of you having the equinox 800 btw. I'll get an upgrade some day. Haha.)
c683e2704f68a07fc0537d437955dbfd.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Your anchor button looks very simular to mine. Just yours is in WAY better condition.
Do you have any info on yours? I couldn't get anything certain on mine. Had a tin or steel back that was rusted away so I had no backmark at all. Thanks.

(Jealous of you having the equinox 800 btw. I'll get an upgrade some day. Haha.)
c683e2704f68a07fc0537d437955dbfd.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I have not cleaned the back yet to check for any marks. Soon as I get a break from work I will check and post it. Thanks

GeorgiaCody, your button is most likely a civilian blazer button. Military buttons did not have iron backs as they would rust onto the uniform.

Back
Top Bottom