• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Is this a real US buckle??

BuscaPlata

Forum Supporter
Found this buckle yesterday and wondering if anybody knows if it's the real thing, there's a lot of relics in this place and many old toys so i'm thinking it's just a toy buckle. I don't know what type of metal is on the back side but know the front is thin brass and the hook looks like brass also.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 848
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 800
Last edited:
Man you are on a roll of coolness lately! I do not know for sure about that buckle being original or not...there was a large amount of M'ganders in the CW though...

You know what you could do with that? Bring it up to MKG and sell it to those peckerwood Oaf Island guys looking for the Confederate Gold! Tell them you found it out on Pere Marquette beach in the dredge spoils or in the totlot! :laughing: Hell, they'd build a whole show around that one!

Man you are on a roll of coolness lately! I do not know for sure about that buckle being original or not...there was a large amount of M'ganders in the CW though...

You know what you could do with that? Bring it up to MKG and sell it to those peckerwood Oaf Island guys looking for the Confederate Gold! Tell them you found it out on Pere Marquette beach in the dredge spoils or in the totlot! :laughing: Hell, they'd build a whole show around that one!

Thanks Mud, I'm thinking that buckle is real after all, Just got this from Silver Bullet and seems to me that it is the real thing.

Attachments

• 1839.jpg
    1839.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 695
Yes, it is a model 1839 US buckle (small). Nice find 1850s. We find them in Florida sometimes, on 3rd Seminole War sites. Excellent belt plate!

Thanks Thommy, I was looking at your CW picture album and I see you found one too, Is it the big one?

Back
Top Bottom