Two items checked off the "first time" list

Vdubman1967

Well today was a pretty good day, I was off work today (heh usually on my days off it rains) and decided to go to the local park. They just dug out the pond there and spread it over the beach. So I figure what the heck might be some good stuff there. The ponds been there forever. Found about .85 cents in clad.

First Wheat found (with a metal detector)
As I was leaving I found a 1940 Wheat. The back is in pretty good shape, but the front is a little dull.

First real silver!! not that Plated Vermeil type I found the other day :)

found a 1944 Nickle. It is pretty beat up though it looks like it has some corrosion points on the front but the date is readable. The back is a little more worse as the finer details look to be gone. You can tell its the Monticello building but you can't tell much else. Ill try to get pictures up later. Looks like im gonna have to start studying the clean your finds section.

Last edited:
Congrats on your finds for the day. Nice to be able to get out and hunt on your day off without it raining.

Congrats on the Wheatie and the War Nickel! (You can usually tell you have a War Nickel as soon as you dig it up!)

It would be well worth going back, as there's a chance there might still be something worth recovering from the spot where they dug up the pond and spread it on the beach! Let us know if you find anything else! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom