Aloha_Found some silver in Hawaii

islandchips

Aloha_
It?s been almost a month since I got my Sun Ray X-5 coil and once again I found some silver coins here in Hawaii. I know finding silver is no big deal you guy?s and gal?s living in the East, but it?s not easy finding silver coins here in Hawaii. Since I started 9 months ago I have only found 10 silver dimes out of over 4000 coins. But I also did manage to find 18 rings. I went hunting again with my Minelab Explorer 2 with my best friend the X-1 probe (I won?t leave home without it) at a public school. Even with FAST recover on I was able to find the silver dimes at a depth of 3-4 inches. I managed to find in 4 hours 12/25,20,/10,3/05,38/01,4/Baseball batting cage tokens,1996 Canadian, 3/Mercury?s and 1/Roosevelt Silver Dime. The X-1 is so light that when I went back with the stock Minelab 8 inch coil to see if I missed anything the stock coil felt like it weighted a ton. IM now going to add the Sun Ray X-8 coil to my collection of hunting tools. One of my favorite places to hunt is under trees in the shade, because after 8 a.m. it gets very hot here. The down side is that is where you find most of your pull tabs and crown tops. But the X-5 will seek out the coins that the others have missed.
Paul (Island Chips)

Attachments

• 4 silver day.jpg
    4 silver day.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 177
Tha looks like a treasure to me! Nice going!

Nice find's Paul. Do you see many other MD while your hunting? That must me a haven for coin's. Good luck on your next outing.

So far in the 9 months I've been detecting here I have not seen a single person hunting in a park or school. I have seen some people hunting at the beach in the water and on the sand. I have hunted for over 350 hours so far and I love it, I get some exercise and a chance to find some treasure. I think why more people don't detect here is the cost of living is so high that you have to work two jobs to pay the mortgage or rent. It will cost you about $400,000 for a one bedroom condo and $700,000 for a used 3 bedroom house if you are lucky to get one. And when you figure that you find $10.00 in change in 4-5 hours you got to love what you are doing and don't expect to get rich. The way I look at it is yes I want to find gold and silver, but that is the bonus it's the people you meet, the thrill of the hunt and the exercise I get is why I detect.

Nice finds Paul! I hope someday to see the beaches you walk every day in search of treasure....Best of luck and Congrats on your finds! Hank :grin:

Back
Top Bottom