Winter Came Back Dang It!!

Lawnwalker15

With winter weather back and detecting at a stand still, I thought I would share some finds from one field near my home. We're not sure what stood on this site and nothing shows up on any old maps we have. The 1831 large cent was the first thing we found there back in 2013. Since then it's coughed up more large cents, flat buttons, Indian HPs and my oldest coin to date, an 1808 Swedish skilling just this past fall!! That coin completely amazes me! I sure would like to know if anyone else has ever found one of these as I have never seen one of these on the forum. Needless to say we will be back to that field again this spring, espically after they plow it. Hope everyone enjoys these pics and let's all think spring!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1485.jpg
    IMG_1485.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_1484.jpg
    IMG_1484.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 436
Wow that is cool. Where was that at?

Oldest find- 1978 clad quarter in my backyard.

Thank you! These finds are all from a corn/hay field not far from my house....
Which general part of the states/world? I live in the PNW and I couldn't imagine finding an old skilling up here.

Which general part of the states/world? I live in the PNW and I couldn't imagine finding an old skilling up here.

I live in NW Pennsylvania and to tell you the truth I couldn't imagine finding a skilling here either..... but I did!! It just goes to show that you really never do know what you might find out there! That's part of what makes this addiction so fun too..

Yep. At least you have more of a chance of old history over there though :-)

With winter weather back and detecting at a stand still, I thought I would share some finds from one field near my home. We're not sure what stood on this site and nothing shows up on any old maps we have. The 1831 large cent was the first thing we found there back in 2013. Since then it's coughed up more large cents, flat buttons, Indian HPs and my oldest coin to date, an 1808 Swedish skilling just this past fall!! That coin completely amazes me! I sure would like to know if anyone else has ever found one of these as I have never seen one of these on the forum. Needless to say we will be back to that field again this spring, espically after they plow it. Hope everyone enjoys these pics and let's all think spring!!!!!

Awesome find there! Cool to se a skilling so far from home :)

i can tell you that back in the year 1850 ca 1,5 milions swedes migrated from Sweden to Usa mostly the midwest states.

i love to find foreign coins, makes you wonder how it get there :)

Some nice digs there...the Large cents, Indians, that button with the eagle/anchor...congrats on all the finds!

Yes the cold is coming back ! You jinxed us all on February 24th !something about no more frost. Now we're getting snow ! Hours of snow. Tomorrow. Can't say I'm happy with that.....you

Awesome find there! Cool to se a skilling so far from home :)

i can tell you that back in the year 1850 ca 1,5 milions swedes migrated from Sweden to Usa mostly the midwest states.

i love to find foreign coins, makes you wonder how it get there :)

Congrats on the oldies , winter go away ! ,,,,,HH

Great bunch of keepers there!

Some nice digs there...the Large cents, Indians, that button with the eagle/anchor...congrats on all the finds!

That's a very productive corn field - nice finds!

Yes the cold is coming back ! You jinxed us all on February 24th !something about no more frost. Now we're getting snow ! Hours of snow. Tomorrow. Can't say I'm happy with that.....you

Yeah, winter just started back up here too. I have no idea when I can hunt again here. Awesome finds man! :yes:

Thanks for all the replies everyone....I sure do appreciate them!! :grin:

Wow ! Nice field

Amazing!! Yeah you just never know huh........
Jeff and I pulled a slew of largies inexplicably from a field in Jamestown last summer. No maps show any structures there......
Probably a total 9 or 10 in a 100 foot line of a field.......weird.....

Amazing!! Yeah you just never know huh........
Jeff and I pulled a slew of largies inexplicably from a field in Jamestown last summer. No maps show any structures there......
Probably a total 9 or 10 in a 100 foot line of a field.......weird.....

Thanks bobac....stuff like that is part of what keeps us all going back out!! Perhaps your field of largies was cleared with a dozer at one time thus depositing them in a row like that?

Back
Top Bottom