bounty hunter discovery 3300

dave.s

Hello, I just registered today on this forum. I recently bought a bounty hunter discovery 3300 metal detector.It has not arrived yet either. I am new to detecting and did alot of research and with my budget, I decided on buying this unit,it seemed to fit the bill. I just wanted the opinion of you experienced metal detectors,on how well I did with my decision. is this unit worth the price? versus other models thanks in advance.

here's the website and link to the unit http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882624013
Dave

It's good cheaper fisher f2/f4 hybrid. Take the time to learn it. A pro will do better with a $200 detector than a noob will do with a $2000 one.

thank you for your reply I will take the time to learn. VERY EXCITED!!!

In my opinion, that's a good beginner metal detector. Not a bad choice at all. Your research will pay off. I've got a BH 2200 and it's a coin magnet at the parks. For coin only hunting, I prefer it over my tesoro compadre. Once you learn what it's saying, you'll be finding lots of goodies. Plan on digging coins at about 6 or 7 inches.
Tip #1: If you do NOT get a solid signal passing over the target in both directions, consider moving on to your next signal. Almost every single target I've dug without a solid signal in both directions was trash.
Tip #2: If the coil is more than a foot over the ground, and the signal is still solid, move on. It's either a huge piece of metal, or an aluminum can.
Tip #3: Use a nice steady slow swing. Practice with coins on the swing technique and you'll get the idea.
Happy Hunting!

You should enjoy the detector. It's a good detector for the money (unless you had been willing to purchase a used detector). It's simple to use and it will detect fairly deep.

If it is like the 2200 I liked the zap feature which lets you notch out an item by waving that item under the coil and hitting the zap button. That item is discriminated out.

The 2200 I used was great on coins, and had pretty good depth as well. I enjoyed using the 2200, but the F2 was definitely a step up. I figure the 3300 is also a step up, so I think you'll like it.

:)

Newegg is an awesome site, I didnt even knowww they sold metal detectors lol

Thank you all for the tips and especially from dmp those were some of my concerns I had when trying to lock on to targets. As time goes on I have been learning the machine even better, and all I have to say is that this machine will do the job for now. My goal is to keep this machine and from the finds I get raise money to get a better one I would like to move up to a 800 to a 1000 dollar all from finds lol

Back
Top Bottom