Glory hole

clarkbar42

This is going to be hard to believe but, at the end of a concrete pad with about 9 picnic tables on it, I found 2 inches below the surface, 1 dollar coin, 13 quarters, 58 dimes, 24 nickels, and 96 pennies all in the area of a large pizza box. This happened in Chestnut Ridge Park and I only had to stop because the picnickers arrived. NO silver but what a find. There has to be 100 of these areas in the park and as Arnold S. says, I'll be back!

Was gonna mentally add that up in my head but gave up.:lol:
One thing for sure. I bet your gonna be checking out the rest of those tables.

I'm not sure why they do it, but I sure get a good chuckle every time it happens! Hey OP, do a search for that term and get back to us. Oh, and probably have a filter on your search or prepare yourself!!

Why do people insist on calling these Glory Holes?

:laughing:

TS kindly visit urbandictionary.com and type in glory hole...see what you come back with. I think what you meant to say was HONEY HOLE....kind of a big difference. :laughing: glory hole..hahahahha

Imagine a time when that would have been all silver :yes: ('cept for pennies and niclels of course)

Picnickers at your glory hole? That must have been a site. I guess some guy had alot of change in his pants when he visited your glory hole. Might wanna find a new glory hole. Lol:lol::lol:

awesome finds.....sounds like this glory hole had a happy ending:lol:

Glory-Hole.jpg

Is the slab level, or does the entire slab drain into the spot where you found the coins. That would be amazing. There is a fairly old McDonalds in a neighboring town whose parking lot drains into a ditch. I walked the dog back there, and found a lot of junk, while thinking about the coins that might be collecting in rifts back there...

Back
Top Bottom