** KKK token!!! :-O** UPDATE, it's valuable!

Bonesquat

Elite Member
I got out in Indiana to do some beeping around town at some sidewalks...I got permission on TWO old homes pre-dating the 20s or so. I'm shocked that I struck out on silver and that my wheat count was so pathetic. Only 4 wheats - no silver but the relics made up for it.

Onto the shocker of the day. I was getting a nice deep 01-43, 01-44, 11-45, etc. It was reading very deep - about 8 inches. I was using the 8 inch coil on my E-trac. It barely made a thunk. Just a hint of a signal, but solid enough to dig. I dug down and saw a big copper looking coin and thought, "Woo hoo! First large cent!" Nope...of course not. I'll never find one of those. But in a way what I found was actually even better and more unique. There are pics of it below.

The other stuff was pretty neat. I have no idea who Garry Owen is. The dog tag is dated 1966 - was hoping for an older one but it's still neat. I beeped for 8 hours and was really bummed until I got home and cleaned the racist token. :lol: If you guys can't read the back I'll type it out. It's dated 1922 - so that makes my oldest find for today.

UPDATE:

The Garry Owen thing is what the 7th cavalry in the Army wore on their hats when in the first major battle of the Vietnam war in 1965. So now I know what that is.

Just looked at thread from another forum and some guy found the same one I have and he said someone offered him $300 for it on the spot. Apparently it's super rare. Woo hoo! This would probably be my best find ever!

Attachments

• dog tag.jpg
    dog tag.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 2,471
  • garry owen.jpg
    garry owen.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 2,417
  • kkk 3.jpg
    kkk 3.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 2,456
  • KKK 1.jpg
    KKK 1.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 4,160
  • kkk 2.jpg
    kkk 2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 4,495
Bone, that is a heck of a find. I can't stand behind their thought process, but would love to find one just for the sake of finding it. Cool find.

If thats real you probably just paid off your detector with that token..Or at least a good part of it..

Very cool find. I knew when you said in another post that you were in Indiana that you would find some cool stuff. WTG on the token. BTW...7th Air Cav... Ia Drang Valley 1965. Major history there. And Custer too of course, but that didn't work so well, he could have used some air support.

That token is a very cool find man! Don't agree with what it stands for, but what a cool piece of history! WTG!!!

Keith

I don't think any of us agree with what it stands for. :lol: Thanks for the comments everyone. When I hear back the exact value on this thing I'll let you know.

Back
Top Bottom