My drought is over

mxtswinger

Elite Member
I've had my MXT about 9 months now, and after hunting in three different counties in two states it turns out that my best finds are turning up about 200 yds from my house. My uncle put in a garden a few yrs ago on top of an old house site. I finally decided to check it out a couple weeks ago. So far I've come up with 2 IH's (1893,1904), 5 wheats from 1910 to 1940, a '47 Rosie, a token for one free game somewhere, a couple pieces of costume jewelry, and my crowning achievement, a King George III Irish halfpence from 1781.

Heads is a bust of George III, and tails is a harp and crown. In this condition, probably not worth much, but priceless as a piece of local history.

Attachments

• latest pics 045.jpg
    latest pics 045.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 208
  • latest pics 043.jpg
    latest pics 043.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 197
Great find! I just love those old coppers....way to go!
Thanks for the pics! Hank :grin:

Thanks all. I am very lucky to be surrounded by old abandoned homesites. I can walk to about six that I know of. Two still have standing houses. Also been dreaming of what will turn up at a spring that comes out of a steep bank less than a 1/4 mile away. I discovered an Early Archaic (6000 to 9000 B.P.) campsite near the spring, so if its been running that long who knows what's there. I'm told the bluff was also used as a dumpsite in historic times. Haven't made the first swing there yet, but hope to check it out this week.

Keep on Swingin

Back
Top Bottom