Nice Old 10k

Irons

Forum Supporter
Targets were sparse today but I managed a nice little 10k ring, old one too.
Too bad it's broke in 4 places it's pretty and has nice details you don't see on modern rings.

It's likely been in the lake for 100 years. The stone is totally sandblasted looking so it's probably glass or paste.

Not marked at all but it held 10k acid no problem. Little Gold counts!

Thanks for looking! Good hunting out there folks! :grin:

4-3-18- (1)rs.jpg

4-3-18- (2)rs.jpg

4-3-18- (6)rs.jpg

4-3-18- (4)rs.jpg

4-3-18- (3)rs.jpg

4-3-18- (7)rs.jpg

Great job. Lake looked good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good one Jim. Thinking of getting it fixed?

You sure are doing great.
Probably not worth fixing unless I gave it away to someone. It has 3 frame breaks around the stone and the break at the back of the band.
Several seasons of Ice'll do that.

Last edited:
Moonstone is a first! It has beautiful translucent color I wonder if it would take a polish?

I have found a few and why I wanted to share those links with you... ;) I think its meant to look like it does but I guess you could try and polish it out :yes:

Probably not worth fixing unless I gave it away to someone. It has 4 frame breaks around the stone and the break at the back of the band.
Several seasons of Ice'll do that.

Way to go! Not worth risking fixing. You ever take a pair of pliers to some cracking 10K it basically crumbles like Pecan shell. We take the stones out of rotten class rings to melt them and the gold just falls apart.

I knew you'd be out there with that East wind flattening! Man..that is super old! Very good snag from a heavy hunted place! Killin it! :cheers:

:dingding: That's a beauty for sure! It might not be fixable for wearing but a jeweler that designs and fabricates his own rings may give you more than melt for it so it can be cast for a mold to make additional ones. The buddy that worked on my Excal did just that at one point in his life.

Back
Top Bottom