Ordered Garrett Pro Pin Pointer......But!!!!!!!!

dbvettez06

Should have researched more, saw the thread where several guys have been having problems with theirs...Can anyone who has used this pin pointer please chime in??How well do they work, i was told about 3 inches....

Mine laid down and died, but Garrett got me a replacement in about a week. A brand new unit.

It works great. An awesome pinpointer. You WILL love it.

Geoff

I really like mine.....saves alot of time.
I would say 3" sounds about right.
Works great to pin point shallow targets before you dig.

I have used mine on the beach a lot, It is the best I have ever used, I have read that some have had a problem but mine works flawlessly, I put a piece of electricians tape over the speaker holes because that is the only place water can get in.

Pro Pointer

Well, I just received one, but we're still iced up here in the frozen North (MN) so I won't get any field use in until spring.

I have three other pinpointers, all from detector pro. They are the Uniprobe, the pistol probe and the uniprobe with headphones. This last one has been outstanding, as are all the Detector Pro products.

But...I ordered the propointer for a different reason. Its true the detector pro gets the most depth of any pinpointer I've ever seen. That's good in most situations. However, if the pinpointer will detect a coin 4" to 5" inches deeper in the hole, you've basically not gained much, in a way, as your detector already told you how deep it is. Knowing the coin is 4" deeper is good, but that's really not pinpointing any better than what your main detector told you. So I wanted another one that had a bit less depth (yes LESS!) as there are times when all I want, is to find the target in loose soil I've already dug. Also, the Garrett signal (both audio and vibrator) increases in intensity the closer you are to the target. My air tests get about 3" on a silver dollar. and approaching 2" on a silver dime. Its hard to explain, really, but the Garret's size and overall design looked to be very rugged (it is, too!) and the features were such that I thought it could fill a niche.

Another reason is, I love detecting so much that I can't avoid buying accessories that I think might come in handy. If its well made and durable, goes 'beep' close to metal, and is reasonably portable, I usually save up and get one! :D

Knipper

I bought one used and mine certainly gets used and abused by me. Never have had any problem with it. I am confident that you will enjoy your's as much as I do mine!

HH,
Rick

I have 3 pin pointers and the Garrett is my favorite out of the Vibroprobe 570, DetectorPro Pistol probe and the Sunray. Though the Sunray is a better probe it makes the detector a bit heavy especially when the detector is heavy to begin with. I would not hesitate to purchase the Garrett again.

Sounds like Garrett is the place to go if purchasing in the event there is a problem.

Back
Top Bottom