• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Doers Crossfire II Sniper coil work on ACE 250?

FXDiz

Forum Supporter
Fleming Island FL (formerly called Hibernia)
I've noticed that the ACE 250 sniper coil is black and the crossfire II is white, but they seem to have the same connector, same body and same size. Are they the same coil? Will the crossfire work with the ACE 250, or do I need to buy the black one?:?:

Got the answer

It is: Yes they will both work ... but they have a different number of windings in the coil, so the crossfire II will not be as accurate as the ACE series coil since the ACE coil was designed for optimum performance on the ACE detectors. The Crossfire II was designed for the GTAx, TA 200/300.

When I had a Ace250 I call Garrett with a similar question. I wanted a DD coil to try to improve beach/salt performance. They said that even though some of their coils have a plug may fit into the ACE 250 they do not recommend it because the electronics in the coil was not made for the ACE 250 and would probably not work correctly. (note the "probably" in their statement) In the end I did not try because I did not want to fry the machine and possibly void the warranty.

Back
Top Bottom