saw this on ebay

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
guy was selling $1,000 of wheat pennies from an estate sale.

My the little girl is quite strong to be lifting a bag with $1,000 in Wheat pennies.

Attachments

• wheatpenniesbag551lbs.jpg
    wheatpenniesbag551lbs.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 596
By my math, $1000 in copper pennies would weigh about 680 pounds, so I'd say she has a career as a weightlifter ahead of her.

Just because the bag says $1,000, doesn't mean that it actually contains $1,000 in face value. As Jodo said, it appears to me that the bag wouldn't support the weight, let along the girl being able to lift it. I suspect the bag was originally used for $1,000 in ones.
WAIT! Take another look at the bag, particularly the bottom. If that had just $100 in pennies, it would be sagging around her hand like no tomorrow. Something fishy about the pic, as well as the listing.

Roger

The ad clearly says they're selling them for 7.95 per roll. My issue with the listing is that they don't show the rolls in either of the two pictures. The other picture shows loose pennies, and you are expected to believe their claim that the pennies are not searched for key dates. They have another listing for weighed lots of pennies and a picture showing the two kids sitting around thousands of loose pennies on the living room floor. They claim "gold in every lot" but never explain what that means.

With either listing you'd have to be a bit naive to think you're getting anything other than the listed amount of coins. If not searched by the seller, than by the original collector.

With that said, I wouldn't buy from that seller.

A little misdirection is cute, guys enjoy it for what its worth. The young lady is not showing any strain but pride in the presentation. I'm very sure this was meant for entertainment and to bring us all a little laugh to aid us through the Winter months. Trapper

Yup, lots of carnival barkers on eBay. "Step right up and get your unsearched, estate find rolls of wheat pennies." They're only $7.95 a roll (plus $2.95 shipping). Can't believe anyone would pay 20 cents a wheatie for obviously searched rolls of coins.

Of course, the worst ones are the eBay sellers who place IHC's or Mercs on the ends of crimped penny rolls and swear they're unsearched. They get insane prices for them, even though they're not legit. People don't seem to realize that these guys are crimping the rolls themselves and they're not wrapped bank rolls of coins. So sad to see people getting scammed...

Maybe this girl is Andre the Giants daughter? Ever think of that smart guy? Maybe that sack is full of $1000 worth of Bitcoins? Then you can go buy the wheat pennies local and save on the 680lb shipping charge?? Ever think of that smart guy? :laughing:

What was he asking? 3c ea?...thats what wheaties and all copper pennies are basically worth melt...:laughing:

Ok , well how much does 1,000 in M&m's
Weigh? Skittles seem kinda heavy to me also.

1000 dollars of plain m&ms bought in the regular sized 1.69 ounce packs at 75 cents each would weigh 141 pounds and include 75,981 m&ms. Skittles are slightly heavier.

Back
Top Bottom