ACE250 and Sniper Coil

Seaking406

Elite Member
I must say, even though I am VERY new at this and have lots to learn, I found that the combination of having the sniper coil (4.5") on my ACE250 is so very much ideal for beach and land! Though it takes a lot more swinging and much slower pace to cover the same area than a 12"x9" coil would, it really picks up a lot more items, pin points them better and for beach fun, it doesn't false beep at all like the larger coil does..

The larger coil requires you to discriminate more and drop the sensitivity a heck of a lot more or else you're going to beep a lot.. (uncle John technique?) it does work but still..

But the smaller sniper coil.. well it didn't false beep on anything at all in the water or at the water's edge.. strange.. I had to take my test piece coins and plant them in the sand at the water's edge and under the water to make sure it was actually working... and there it is.. it easily picks them up, even down 6 inches.. I call that quite impressive, for me anyway. Combine that with the Carrot and it's a new game..

When I first joined the forum, someone stated that adding a Sniper coil to the ACE250 would open new opportunities and make it a whole new machine.. wow, they were not kidding!!

Being lighter at the end of the stick, this is really a very nice setup for this MD.. Just have to be more patient and diligent when swinging the stick around is all you need.

SO glad I purchased one!

I keep thinking that I need a sniper coil for my 250. Would be particularly useful at the tot lots.

That's where I really started to appreciate the Sniper coil.. found a lot of coins in the nearby lot with it.. But do a test of putting a coin under the grass with a marked above, and scan directly above and then before and after the marker to give you an idea as to how wide of a swath it will pick items up.. I found it to be about 3/4 width of the coil on either side of a coin under the grass and 2" lower..

I often worried that I was missing things by not scanning paths close enough together but it's not as narrow as I had first thought..

Let us know how you make out with it.. I'm loving it!

Back
Top Bottom