Handle length

pescadore

Elite Member
Is there a standard handle length for scoops. Got one arriving today and new to water detecting. I will be wading rivers and swimming areas. Thanks in advance for the help.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

Most handle lengths are the length of post hole digger size whatever that is. There are some CF's a little longer. It really depends on your height and preference. If you want something a little longer in wood I have used wheel barrow handles. I ran the handle through a table saw to cut off the corners and then sanded a bit. Then I cut it to length. Remember to reapply a finish.

Is there a standard handle length for scoops. Got one arriving today and new to water detecting. I will be wading rivers and swimming areas. Thanks in advance for the help.

The scoop size will play a factor on the handle length. Its likely you should leave it as long as possible, then practice digging. If the handle is too long, you'll notice you just can't maneuver it under and over your arm as you dig.
It will make sense once you are out there and using it.

I'm 5'-11". I have one scoop handle that is perfect at 51" long. I have another scoop (bigger) that is the perfect length handle is 48"

I have 3 scoops. Longest one is for dragging a grid. Shortest one is only 1000 mm and works great due to lightness and for in the water. Also the bigger one is to counter balance the CTX. Smaller lighter one is to counter balance the Equinox. Good to keep two or three in a trunk in case you or a friend break a scoop.

Can't wait to see what you come up with... college kids, drinking & tubing those rivers for years has got to have left behind some goodies!

Back
Top Bottom