Looking forward to "My First Time"!

quo155

That's right, I just received my detector about a week ago. I joined this site this week (great place, BTW!). And now, I plan to use a detector for the first "official" time in the morning! I plan to get up early, light up a good morning cigar...and hit my front yard to begin my 3 acre search for anything!

Wish me luck...but most importantly, wish me patience! :shock:

EDIT...my introduction: http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=90067

Good Luck! Post some pics of your finds!

I'm a newbie, too, impatiently waiting to get my AT Pro back from Garrett for the updates. It's always fun and motivational to see what others are finding!

Thanks William!

Here's a peak at what I will be using in the morning...

pioneer_left.jpg

Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505

Let us know what you find. I know some who have found gold rings their first time out...but don't count on it.

Thanks! I'm going out expecting to find about 2 pennies and a lot of junk. Other than that "expectation"...I am just looking forward to getting my yard cleaned up!

I will be sure to "show & tell" Monday+...

Good luck on your first hunt. I know you will enjoy it. HH.

Thanks!

Thanks guys...and well, it was raining and I didn't want to get my new detector wet (at least the top part, where it is not water proof)! That was a bummer...but maybe I can head out one evening after work...

Stay tuned...

The 505 is a great machine.

I started off with it last year & all of the coins in my signature were found with it. I used max sens & disc at the 9-10 o'clock position.

Get the 10.25" coil which is what I used 99% of the time!

HH & Welcome Aboard!
Roger

Can't wait for my first time also..... encountered a little set back... dang dog ate a shop rag and some dental floss which it all bound up in her, cost me just a tad under $5,800.00 and cost her an 18 inch section of intestine, nearly lost her!! So my detector purchase got pushed back a little....

Worth every penny to us! :cool:

Thanks for the input. As I am new to this, from what I am reading, I want to (or need to) have it set to pick up everything...much more digging I am sure, but in my yard, I don't want to miss anything that's a "possible treasure"...

Mine came with a 10" coil...hopefully that will do the job!?

The 505 is a great machine.

I started off with it last year & all of the coins in my signature were found with it. I used max sens & disc at the 9-10 o'clock position.

Get the 10.25" coil which is what I used 99% of the time!

HH & Welcome Aboard!
Roger

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum and to mding!!! :welcome2:
Good luck hunting!
Dusty Eagle

Man, sorry to hear about the dog...that dog would have been buried in my "pet cemetery"...had it been mine...but I can see how that detector purchase can be pushed back after dropping money like that!

Can't wait for my first time also..... encountered a little set back... dang dog ate a shop rag and some dental floss which it all bound up in her, cost me just a tad under $5,800.00 and cost her an 18 inch section of intestine, nearly lost her!! So my detector purchase got pushed back a little....

Worth every penny to us! :cool:

On spending money, I just had my old pickup die on me...had to have it towed Thursday and just dropped $700 to get it out of the shop a few minutes ago...and man, I think $700 is a lot on my truck! But, it's an '88 F-150 and now runs like it's brand new! (Had a brand new engine and rebuilt trans put in less than a year ago.)

She does NOT get a round two of life saving treatment. Yes it was worth it THIS time (kinda, sorta cuz my wife said it was) but no more. :cool:

Gonna order my detector next month, which ain't that far off!!!!

You just have to make time to get out there and hunt. So many people get a detector , hunt once a week , once every 2 weeks , or once a month , and get discouraged because they never find anything :?: But you usually wont find anything unless you are at it as often as possible , especially when just starting out. A hobby like this takes a lot of time put toward it if you expect to find some nice things , thats why someone who picks up the detector only once in a while usually get bored with it and soon just have it collecting dust somewhere. Keep at it , dont get discouraged , and I hope you do well.

first outings

What surprized me, and continues to surprize me, is how hard it is to 'get hands on' the items once the detector 'locates' them. Before I got a pin pointer I was about to throw in the towel- it does help- but I find myself really struggling with roots- hard ground etc... in a lot of my easily accessible local spots. It can be a bit discouraging. I still have not fully developed the plugging technique or 'coin popping' like folks talk about on here- and it takes me a long time to replace the ground and put things back to my satisfaction after digging. Guess I need to get out of the woods and go to a beach every once in a while.

Back
Top Bottom