This bird is ready to fly

L.I.Mike

In Memory Of
Well Im all packed and Im off to Florida Friday. Have a carry on bag which has mt MD and scoop and if it was up to me that would be all I need. However my Dear Lady( Daryl) will be with me so I'll have to be good. We will be doing a lot of Lookie Look . But she has agreed to let me MD each day. Hay,Hay, Hay, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
L.I. Mike

A little bit of both. Not sure at this point where I,ll be spending my resting years. I have 5 more years and a wakeup to go and this working night mare will be over.

L.I. Mike

What part of Florida are you heading for??? Hopefully south where someone is using the beaches...

We're in the Daytona area and the only folks on the beaches are fisherman and old farts, like me... The darned beaches have been turned over so much by last year's storms that In about 3 hours I could only find 2 cents 2 pulltabs and a sand wedge...

Id sure like to be here after spring break or even after bike week...

Good Luck... Snake

Have fun and good luck Mike. Soak up some of that wonderful sun for all of us. What part of Florida are you going to?

Pensacola down to Mobile AL.I know about the beach and lack due to new sand pumped up. Will work bayside when I can and parks and old home sites. In a way Im doing this on a blind but heck who knows.
L.I. Mike

Good thinking, Mike... I'm gonna try again tomorrow... Wish I knew the area better, but it was 37 years ago when I got through here last... Started doing Panama City for about 15 years and just never got back to the east coast... St Andrews State Park in Panama City yeilded a great gold ring for me in early 80s, while showing someone how an M/D worked, in my campsite... Needless to say he wanted to run out and get one...

Again... Good Luck... Hope you find bluebeards treasure... Snake

Might I selfishly suggest North Carolina? You're half way between NY and Fla. You have access to the entire atlantic coast from Va Beach, to Atlantic Beach, down through Carolina Beach, a short drive to Myrtle Beach, two hours to Georgia and then to Jacksonville and points south in Fla. Besides, I can use a retired Treasure Buddy! :roll:

Mike have a good trip. Sounds like you will have plenty of hunting to do, and if I know you, you will do real well. Hope to see lots of pics of your finds when ya return.

Hey Mike! Enjoy your trip, hope you find lots of goodies! I just wanted to add that 2 years ago, my parents moved from RI to Florida after my Dad retired, and I've never seen them so happy. Nice house in a nice quiet neighborhood just north of Tampa on the Gulf coast, enjoying the warm weather and reading books by the pool instead of shoveling snow and freezing! Good luck, both treasure and possible home hunting!!

Back
Top Bottom