because last time at the woods they made my day miserable :mad::dash2:
I know I will look like alien ,but when detecting you must not necessarily
look like a in beauty contest. :lol:
Damn insects :roll:

Attachments

• PICT0012.jpg
    PICT0012.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 342
Yep, those mozzies get really annoying! Last time I went down to the river I applied insect reprellant beforehand but those little buggers still got to me! :(

I have some 100% Deet that I use. I think it's from the 70's. I found it in my grandfather's tackle box after passed away. It's a tiny bottle, still almost full, and I can see why! It reeks, it's oily, and you only need about 3 drops rubbed between your hands and spread over any exposed skin. I think it's a version of self-applicable DDT, cause man, it works!

I don't even like to think about that time of year yet,
when I need my face net.
85 90 degrees & humidity, and them skeeters BUZZING & BITING!!

I got bit up so much last year even with 2 or 3 kinds of repellant on,
they'd go right for my face or ear area around the headphones.
It's not 100% but a face net really helps.

Oh I do remember when I was in VA Beach area and when I cut the grass the would attack me. I had to spray my coveralls with OFF, but if I missed a spot they would hit right there, one after another. They are called tiger mosquito and their 3 to 4 times bigger than a regular one. :wow:

Have you guys tried a Thermacell? I've not used one myself but my buddy used one in Canada on a bear hunt and said it was great.

Come to Florida. The mosquitoes are so big and plentiful, we rent them a room.

X2 - and they started coming out this year in FEBRUARY!!!!!!!!!

that net is a great idea.....anyone know if it works against "no see ums"???? I'm getting three of them if they do......

Have you guys tried a Thermacell? I've not used one myself but my buddy used one in Canada on a bear hunt and said it was great.

I have one that I used on surveillance in a vehicle, and it worked pretty well as long as there was no breeze moving through the vehicle. In an open area with a breeze, I would not expect much success with it.

Back
Top Bottom