Jamaica Dollar Coin

Silversmith45

Elite Member
I found this in my change. I thought it was a dime until i saw the shape. As near as I can tell it says Jamaica One Dollar. Has anyone ever seen one before?
F5.JPG F2.JPG

Just because something is not of monetary value doesn't mean it's not a cool find. Not gonna get rich metal detecting, at least not with better odds than winning a small lottery. Nice find!!!

Cool coin! I keep all the foreign coins I find or dig, in a jar, hope to fill it up some day. Found some cool ones, enjoy them when I do, something different!

Fun Facts!

I used to work for an armored truck company (In Pittsburgh, PA) and I had about 85 CoinStar Machines that I had to empty (there's 2 safes in the bottom of the machine that roll out). There's also a strong magnet (strip) above the hopper where the coins are sorted that takes out all of the foreign coin (MOST foreign coin has steel in it that the magnet captures)....you would not believe all of the cool coin I would get/find on the magnet. Obviously the majority of the coin was Canadian, with tons being the single and double dollar coins.

About twice a month we would get a panicked father call and say that his son/daughter took his old coins and dumped them in the CoinStar Machine and wanted to know if we could retrieve them! (there was simply no way).

FUN (or terrible) TIP: Some people will shove rolled up paper or cloth up into the chute where the rejects come out and come back once a week and unplug it and get all the rejected coin that has been backed up for a week. So if you don't see/hear any rejects coming out while you are using the CoinStar, check up in the chute!!!

Back
Top Bottom