Need a Garrett P pointer on/off switch (UPDATE!!!)

pvtcook

Hey guys. I decided to take the speaker out of my PP. I remembered to depress the switch to remove the circuit board. However going back together w it I messed the switch up. Would it be easier to just send it back to Garrett or buy a switch if they are available? Thanks

I wasn't/wouldn't expect them to fix it free of charge. I messed it up. Had a friend tell me earlier that he sent his in and had them to remove his light and beeper. I thought about just buying the new model but I hate to just do away w the one I have.

I wasn't/wouldn't expect them to fix it free of charge. I messed it up. Had a friend tell me earlier that he sent his in and had them to remove his light and beeper. I thought about just buying the new model but I hate to just do away w the one I have.

I bet they would help you out. No harm in trying. Probably just send it in and they would do the mod (can only be a wire or two) and probably fix the button issue free too. Everyone claims their customer service praises, probably should call first though and find out what they can do for ya'.

I think the switch is soldered to the circuit board. Probably an easy fix if you are good at soldering and can get or find the switch. If Garrett would share the make and model of the switch, its probably readily available from Digikey or Mouser.

If you can get the switch and don't solder, I could lend a hand if you want to send it to me.

I think the switch is soldered to the circuit board. Probably an easy fix if you are good at soldering and can get or find the switch. If Garrett would share the make and model of the switch, its probably readily available from Digikey or Mouser.

If you can get the switch and don't solder, I could lend a hand if you want to send it to me.

I found a switch for $8. I can solder it. I appreciate your offer though. I'm going to contact Garrett tomorrow and see what they say.

Hey Digger, As for why I don't want a speaker? No comment lol.

That's cool. None of my business. I was just curious.

I assume it's an older Garrett pinpointer and the sound can't be turned off and for whatever reason :roll: :lol: you want to be more clandestine.

FWIW, the Carrot can be set to vibration only for those late night hunts. :D

That's cool. None of my business. I was just curious.

I assume it's an older Garrett pinpointer and the sound can't be turned off and for whatever reason :roll: :lol: you want to be more clandestine.

FWIW, the Carrot can be set to vibration only for those late night hunts. :D

Yes it's a older one. I did consider buying a carrot but I hate to just do away w the one that I messed up. I have two off them or I wouldn't have attempted it.

Some of my hunts are at night for some reason😂😂! They require stealth.

Had to brag on Garrett. Just received my PP back. They send me a new one no charge! Can't beat that. Great customer service.

Maybe your replacement was actually a new one but what Garretts seems to always do by default is to replace the outer skin, so it look just like new. If you're battery cap had any wear beforewhere the serial number resides, most people still see that wear.

I too had a Propointer I ruined at the switch because I decided to disassemble it. All my fault, which I admitted to them. I was lucky, mine was repaired free. The pointer looked brand new but the serial number was same as before. That happened back in 2010.

Back
Top Bottom