Headphones

Shawn79

Hello all,

I received the garrett headphones when I purchased my AT Pro. I know you all will think I'm crazy but I just used them for the first time this weekend. I detected without phones until then. It is amazing the sounds you hear when wearing them, huh?:lol:

I was actually happy with them even though I hear a lot of negative opinions on them.

My question is: what makes the more expensive phones better? Also do other manufacturers make phones with the AT Pro jack or is an adapter always needed with non Garrett headphones?

What do you guys use and why?

Thanks
Shawn

You need the adapter ~$30 to use any other headphones besides Garrett.

I like the stock headphones - they have a nice soft sound, but they are bulky and hot, you will sweat more wearing them.

I also have the Jolly Roger headphones, they are more comfortable but have a sharper sound that I don't like as much.

Personally I don't like using headphones, the cord gets under my foot now and then, and I have ripped them off my head, once the jack popped out...etc...the cords are a real pain in the behind....BUT...I wont hunt without them now since I started using them.

You hear every little squeek when the coil gets close to something metallic..

HDD

for me the stock headphones were really hot and they reminded me of a co pilots headgear. Other than that they do what they are supposed to

i used the black widows on my at pro with the adapter and the sound is awesome

Back
Top Bottom