carry bag?? do you use one?

Riffmeister

Forum Supporter
ok... ive seen this post in the past and feel its time to bring it back! ,
im one of those type of detectorists that uses a carry bag for my tools when i detect, i know many people like wear a belt type treasure thing for their pinpointer and digging tool. Well i cant stand wearing a heavy belt pack so i carry a a small bag (normally). Just recently i bought a bucket tool organizer for a 5gallon bucket and this has proven to be my favorite yet, reason being i can put my larger shovel in it for doing relic digging, its easy to clean, its very light weight and i DONT HAVE TO BEND OVER FAR to pick ut back up........for myself its much easier to use- -and the best part is that is was less than $6. at home depot-- !! im curious if anyone else uses somthing like this? if i get a couple or any replies i will post a picture of it ... it is cool and veryvery handy... has all my gear so i never forget anything !

That's exactly what I need, I hate when I don't have space for the large finds and trash such as plows and cans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mountain bike to a lot of my wooded sites so I've always broke down my detectors and carried them in backpacks, along with my shovel, headphones, etc. I recently received a Whites backpack which is slightly larger and made to carry a broken down detector. I wish they made a padded backpack for carrying detectors on your back, something with custom foam inserts like the hard cases have and which are used in camera backpacks. This way, when I carry my detector on my back I know it's secure and safe inside the foam insert.

I just use a Garrett finds pouch for my wireless adapter and pro pointer and use the sheath my raptor came with on my belt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could never stand to carry something around in my non-detecting hand all day. It even bugs me when I have a beach scoop, so I spend about half the time with it on my shoulder.

I am one with a utility belt. Pinpointer, camera, wireless headphone adapter, and finds bag which also carries my trowel, and ground-cloth.

ive had too many hunts latley that ive forgotten somthing simple just because it wasnt with the rest of my gear....( like headphones or a shovel) also i cannot put some of the larger finds in a belt, this solves that problem. and its very easy to just set down and consentrate on a single target, when im done i grab it and press on to the next target~plus i like to keep my sidearm on my waist, cant have anything in the way of that. HH

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 322
I mountain bike to a lot of my wooded sites so I've always broke down my detectors and carried them in backpacks, along with my shovel, headphones, etc. I recently received a Whites backpack which is slightly larger and made to carry a broken down detector. I wish they made a padded backpack for carrying detectors on your back, something with custom foam inserts like the hard cases have and which are used in camera backpacks. This way, when I carry my detector on my back I know it's secure and safe inside the foam insert.

Me too, that is bike a lot to sites, hope I can keep it up...starting to get old.

My moto is less, and lighter is always better, I wouldn't want to carry a bucket, although if that suits anyone else, that's fine for them.

As mentioned I do like a free hand, so extra digger, batteries, water is in back pack, very little weight or discomfort.

when I go on long day hunt I use a 2.5 gal bucket that my wife bought me that carrys all my tools,towel, for trash and if I want also to sit on. short hunts my waist pack with my tools. it works for me.

Sweet! ... mine works good for me and all the trash i dig could never fit in a fanny-pack! , some days i have pounds of trash and i dont leave it because odd are that i will be back if its a good place. And its soo functional to just set it down and have everything at arms length. At a beach or other places i could see it not being the best but at parks and in the woods it kicks but!! And if i dont need my big shovel (fold up military) i jist leave it in the car and the bucket becomes super light. ######## check out the handles you can buy and put on your bucket!!! Makes carrying them much eaiser---

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk

Do you find the bucket works better than the tool bag you have in your profile pic?

Yes, the tool bag worked good bit was harder to clean out and was really awkward when i wanted to bring my shovel along. Plus i dont have to bend over as far to pick up the bucket which is very nice~

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom