Are you standing in a puddle of sweat?

Crackerjack

Elite Member
The mercury hit 104 F. here today. :coolinoff: I'm a fair weather detectorist, and this is not what I consider fair weather. I stayed nice and cool inside with the central A/C. :snowman3:

So, who got out and detected in the heat? :?:

Not me... A few months ago it was like that here, over 100 but i got out anyway, i wear a camel back type backpack with lots of ice and a water Gatorade mix, seems to keep me going for abut two hours at a time even with the high temps.

Hey - here's a simple solution, an air conditioned space suit :laughing::laughing::laughing:
hot_outdoors2.jpg

I'm in Mich, if it gets over 75f I start getting uncomfortable.
Gimme 50f all day long!
Currently 90f here and almost 100% humidity.:p

It's supposed to be 104 here again today. That's what it has been for the past three days. They had predicted a chance of rain tonight but as usual they took that out of the forecast. The hottest weather that i ever detected in was 115. I don't think that I will do that again. Anymore 100 is about my limit.

When it gets hot like this I try to convince myself that it isn't that bad, but it's hard to bring myself to reach up and push the button to light my forge on days like this. I keep telling myself that it's a benefit, because the steel stays hot longer and I can get more done with each heat. :roll:

I often offer the ladies an opportunity to stand near it while I'm working "in case they feel a chill" or something, but I never get any takers. Yet in the winter it's hard to keep them away. :shrug:

Last edited:

Neat one Longhair :lol: found another pic that shoes what that dog needs :lol:
cool dog.jpg

We have a border collie mix and even though she is an inside dog I still put some ice in her water bowl occasionally, after all who wants to drink water that is too warm, our dog even likes an occasional small bowl of crushed ice as she likes to crunch on ice :lol:

The mercury hit 104 F. here today. :coolinoff: I'm a fair weather detectorist, and this is not what I consider fair weather. I stayed nice and cool inside with the central A/C. :snowman3:

So, who got out and detected in the heat? :?:

LOL I do I do! I usually stand in a puddle of river or lake water though after I am done detecting.

Well, I couldn't stand just sitting around any longer so I did go out twice today and hunted a nearby lake this morning, got skunked pretty good but stayed relatively cool. Then again tonight just before dark land hunted our place next door, found a handful of clad. It was hot and I was sweating like crazy but at least I got to move around some and got my little fix in!

I've been working on a climate controlled suit in my head for some time know! Mass production could revolutionize things and maybe make me rich! If NASA could do it in the 1960's for space exploration, imagine what we could do today! :grin:

Hey, how about a solution for those on a budget ? :laughing::laughing::laughing:
hot_outdoors3a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom