3 Day Metal Detecting Extravaganza - A Few Rare Finds & Lots of Colonial Coins

ChesapeakeTim

With being slammed with work and such, I finally found some time to get out for a few consecutive days. The last time I was in this area, I ended up with a nasty batch of poison ivy. So with it finally cleared up, work caught up, I was able to put in about 3-4 hours on Saturday, Sunday & Monday.

On this property (which is very large), held a few different homes, stores, churches and schools through the late 1600's to about early 1900's. Lots of things have gone on in this area as the photos of my finds show. While on orbit (scanning for iron beds), I started noticing some bits and pieces of brick and shards of pottery). Which simply trying to take in all the stuff on ground I had seen a small flat button sitting on the surface. Now the reason why I say that I can see the stuff on the ground is because this heart shaped field enclosed by old oak trees sat right on the mouth of the creek. The numerous flood tides over the years have prevented the growth of plants and grass, thus leaving the ground bare...only in some areas closer to the creek.

The first full day in this area I managed to pull an Artillery Button (not sure of the exact year...maybe 1820-1830?) But I also found a KG II then immediately after I found another KG II, so that had me thinking this area might be older than I had originally thought. Then yesterday I had found what I think is Very Rare 1 Piece William Harrison Campaign Button.

All in all, I found few KG's, Couple Virginia Halfpennies, Several Matrons, Milled Coppers and some Unknown Coppers. And some really nice Silver too. And wait until you see the amount of buttons I found!!

I will be getting back out to this area again in the next week or so. I've been hunting this property for 3 years, and the finds never seem to let up.

Well, here are the finds from these 3 days.

IMG_1372.jpgIMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1376.jpgIMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1380.jpgIMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1383.jpgIMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1385.jpgIMG_1387.jpg

Congratulations !!! remarkable finds.

Bet you felt like you were in Metal Detecting Heaven. I think you should go
back there often

BGHAWK

Congratulations !!! remarkable finds.

Bet you felt like you were in Metal Detecting Heaven. I think you should go
back there often

BGHAWK

I actually been going here for 3 years. I don't always hunt it every time I go hunting...but it's one of those places that I visit very often! I think I'll be going back again next this weekend.

Goodness gracious! You have hit detecting heaven there! Congrats on all the varied finds. Can't wait to see what else comes from the ground there.

Absolutely amazing! Many things in a couple hunts I will never see under my coil! Congrats!!!! :wow::wow::wow: :shock::shock::shock:

Congrats!

Thanks man!

Seven: Goodness gracious! You have hit detecting heaven there! Congrats on all the varied finds. Can't wait to see what else comes from the ground there.

Hopefully Ill be adding more this coming weekend. Im hoping for either Spanish or Gold the next time around.

beephead: My Lord, that is just incredible. I'd take some of that silver coin action. Super Big Congrats!

Haha, I was stoked to pull 2 1836 Capped Bust Dimes in one day, in different locations too!

Jamflicker: Killer spot you have. Congrats on the finds.

Thanks brother!

nova treasure: Awesome hunt, Congrats on the variety of finds.

Thanks! It always is a rather large variety of finds when I visit this particular location. Not shown in the photos are the shoe buckles, musket balls and other odds and ends.

jwp1964: Absolutely amazing! Many things in a couple hunts I will never see under my coil! Congrats!!!!

Thanks brother! I see a CSA buckle in your Profile pic, I'll never ever see one of those where I'm located...so it works both ways :lol:

:jawdrop: Holy cow! Where is the drool emoticon? Awesome finds!

Congrats on some stellar hunts!

G2M

Back
Top Bottom