This weekend's finds.

bodkin

Elite Member
Hello all.

Cold and windy but dry was the weather, with cloud blocking out the Sun. When it occasionally broke through, the warmth was well received. Spring is just around the corner! I managed about 2 hours on Saturday and another hour or so on Sunday, but this session was cut short to go and view a 1972 Morris Traveller I'm thinking of buying. So, working over some local pasture and whenever possible keeping my back to the chilly breeze, I was able to immerse myself in the mid to late 1800's. I know it is not everyone's favourite period of history when it comes to finds, but I don't mind as I don't have to travel far and there is a chance for something interesting..... and silver.

Did well for bits and bobs and odds and ends with buttons, coppers, and old makers plate, bullets and silver tube....

Many thanks,

b

Attachments

• rsz_dscf4916.jpg
    rsz_dscf4916.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 250
  • rsz_dscf4917.jpg
    rsz_dscf4917.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 245
  • rsz_dscf4918.jpg
    rsz_dscf4918.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 257
  • rsz_dscf4919.jpg
    rsz_dscf4919.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 249
What are the decorative discs? Drawer pulls??
As always, interesting finds

Thanks buddy. The two in the 2nd pic..... I think the lead alloy disc is a toy spinner and the brass rosette thingy was probably from a plough harness or bridle. The one to the right in the 3rd pic is an adjustment knob for the wick of an old oil lamp.

Back
Top Bottom