Stamped metal thing?

gscott12250

Elite Member
I found this at a house from the 1800s the other day. I think it may be some sort of seal or something. The imprint is only on one side. I think it might say metal on the upper right side and it looks like there might be a hammer at the top center.any ideas would be helpful.
b2a0fb9095a212ac695ed7d89f40e203.jpg
37a9cf74a090941b25832784abf32c76.jpg

Greg

I found this at a house from the 1800s the other day. I think it may be some sort of seal or something. The imprint is only on one side. I think it might say metal on the upper right side and it looks like there might be a hammer at the top center.any ideas would be helpful.
b2a0fb9095a212ac695ed7d89f40e203.jpg
37a9cf74a090941b25832784abf32c76.jpg

Greg

That is cool. Have you cleaned it anymore? I don't see the word metal per se but the letters are fairly legible, looks like a super toasted coin though, the back may have had something on it at one point. What was the reading on it when you found it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is cool. Have you cleaned it anymore? I don't see the word metal per se but the letters are fairly legible, looks like a super toasted coin though, the back may have had something on it at one point. What was the reading on it when you found it?

I don't remember by I can rescan it and get back to you. No I have not cleaned it Amy further. It looks better in person.

Greg

I don't remember by I can rescan it and get back to you. No I have not cleaned it Amy further. It looks better in person.

Greg

Yeah a metal ID would help. If it's lead then it probably is a seal of some kind but Avery nice one. If it's cooper or silver then it could be a coin but I just can't figure out what one! I'm sure someone on the forum can though, maybe repost in different thread?

If it is lead,this could be a large bag seal . Like the one I found in 2012

Attachments

• lead seal 1.jpg
    lead seal 1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 188
Back
Top Bottom