E-Trac your opinons please.

RingNut

Forum Supporter
Im going to get more serious about relic and coin hunting in 2013. Right now i have an XLT that i have used since 2007 and it does ok i guess. I just got a new ATpro for christmas. I was thinking of getting rid of the XLT and switching to an E- Trac. Is there a big advantage of switching from XLT to the E-trac or is it a waste of money? Im concerned the learning curve on the etrac is long and complicated. Ive only used the XLT in pre programed modes and i'm not much of a program type guy ( at least not to this pont). What do you all think is my best move to "upgrade" my relic hunting experiences? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Go for it

Hey there. I would for sure recommend the E-trac. It has really helped my hunting, and made me a much better hobbyist. It will take you at least 150 hours to get comfortable with it. And honestly twice that time to "master" it. I have about 150 hours, and Im getting OK, and feel very comfortable with the machine. BUT... Not sure how it will do in your soil/sand... I give it a 6.5 out of 10 in mineralized soil. I would try the AT pro honestly.... they are really good detectors, and if you put 150 hours plus on it.... it will probably kick the e-trac's ass honestly.

I like the e-trac, simply because its good on silver..... but honestly.... the AT pro is AMAZING on silver..... its all about what you get used to and what you take the time to learn. Since you have an AT pro.... I suggest planting a test garden.... then "BARROW" an e-trac to see if its deeper. Because honestly that’s what its all about. HOW DEEP WILL IT GO!?!?! Yea yea yea yea... the discrimination, sensitivity, and all that !!!! is important too.... but with the technology of detectors these days.... its really all the same in that aspect.

It’s like asking "which car is the best" or "who builds the best guitar"???

Well,.... I bet a pro racecar driver could beat my ass in a stock Honda civic... no matter what I’m driving!!! Just like Eric Clapton could play me under the table on a Chinese squire guitar with rusty strings....

GET A GOOD DETECTOR (sounds like you have one) and LEARN IT! When you feel you have mastered it.... trust me... you haven’t. I used the same machine for 13 years, and i feel I have mastered it.... I can outhunt my e-trac with it as of now..... but i still learn things from that little old machine EVERY DAY!

I have gotten every opinion there is.... but I truly believe getting to know your machine is the key. Between the E-trac and AT pro... to me its a draw.... I go with the E-trac because it has "bells and whistles" which is stupid of me really. Honestly I wanted one because all my friend’s who find over 150 silver a year use one.
Good luck to you! feel free to email me with any questions... after this post I don't think I have to worry about that!!! Lol
:laughing::laughing::lol:

Back
Top Bottom