help need a new detector

vader34

well got my first metal detector Christmas and it broke this past Sunday to make things worse the place that carried that model no longer has it for sell so i got my money back. like i say i am still kind new to detecting can anybody suggest a model it can't be to expensive

well got my first metal detector Christmas and it broke this past Sunday to make things worse the place that carried that model no longer has it for sell so i got my money back. like i say i am still kind new to detecting can anybody suggest a model it can't be to expensive

How much money are you looking to spend on a detector? Lots of different models, as I am sure you are aware, but for cost and product quality I would suggest a Garrett machine. I use an Ace 250 and have no complaints about it. You can pick them up new for a little over $200 on ebay and alot of the time you can get free shipping with it. Also if you are in the md'ing game for awhile and want a better coil they have a bunch of different ones other than the stock coil it comes with, including a couple different DD coils. Hope this helps.

I'd agree, I've become partial to the Garrett brand. You can't go wrong for what your application will be.

I'm partial to Garretts too, but haven't used anything else. I would advise you to not get into a hurry to buy and shop around. Cruise the forum and watch some youtube videos. No matter what you spend, you want to be happy with it.

The Fisher F2 or the Garrett 250. Either can be had for about $215.
I bought the F2 after reading Digger27's threads. Some of the sponsors deals include 2 coils, an f-pointer, and headphones among other things. It has a five year warranty.

I'm very happy with the F2.

The Garrett had 6 search modes and a one touch treasure hunting feature and comes with a 6.5X9 Elliptical coil. $212.XX

Can't go wrong with either of those.

G

Contact Bart at Big Boy Hobbies or Rich at Backwoods Detectors to get a good deal and advice. Chuck at Indian Nations is another good guy to deal with also as well as just about all sponsors on this forum. It's just that I can personally vouch for these three as I have dealt detectors with them.

Tesoro compadre and a pro pointer... Or the Tesoro silver umax... Love mine.

Last edited:
thank you to everybody for the input it came down to the f2 and ace 250 i chose the ace 250 i like the setup hope to have it by Wednesday thank y'all so much for the help and i hope i well be posting some pics of my finds just got a phone call from a friend who found me a good spot that has not been touched again thank y'all happy hunting

That's the ticket.....3 days no mess'en around you picked a MD, by the weekend you will be BACK up an running:detector: way to go.

Back
Top Bottom