• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

DD coil

harley54

Forum Supporter
How do I know when I have pin pointed my target I can't seem to tell with this DD coil. I have a 8" round coil and do well with it

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

How do I know when I have pin pointed my target I can't seem to tell with this DD coil. I have a 8" round coil and do well with it

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Use the pinpointing function and hit the target from two directions...strongest signal where they cross is target center.

My favorite and fastest way is the wiggle and pull back Methodist the signal in he center of the coil and making short side to side swipes over it keep the signal in the middle of the coil as you pull back.
When he signal drops out the target will be just in front, under or just behind the front rim if the coil where it dropped out.
A little practice and it becomes very easy.

Last edited:
Or you can do the DD wiggle and do it again at 90* to get the x.

Practice in the woods or in your lawn & start with a bigger hole, until you see the light.

Tried it today still don't seem to get it. Switched back to my round one and did fine. Maybe it's the old dog thing.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Tried it today still don't seem to get it. Switched back to my round one and did fine. Maybe it's the old dog thing.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Wiggle, pull back and listen for when the target goes away and dig in the area of the rim of the coil when it does.
Throw some coins down on a clean piece of ground and practice for 20 minutes and you should get it.

Wiggle, pull back and listen for when the target goes away and dig in the area of the rim of the coil when it does.
Throw some coins down on a clean piece of ground and practice for 20 minutes and you should get it.

Amazing how a video clears things up. I will have to give this a try. My pinpointing hasn't exactly been as accurate as I'd like. Thanks D27.

Amazing how a video clears things up. I will have to give this a try. My pinpointing hasn't exactly been as accurate as I'd like. Thanks D27.

You're welcome.
That was done in the house with WiFi and probably nails from the floor near it.
In the field it is actually more precise up to about the 6" depth area or even more in good clean dirt.
You can pretty easily get the hole you need to dig area down to about 2-3"...one inch in back of the coil, the coil space and about one inch in front on most targets.
I use my Propointer on every target and can narrow that hole size down even further before I dig like right on the money for most shallow targets.
On really deep ones I usually cross over the area from two directions with the center of the coil and the pinpoint function as a check just to be sure.
Hate digging deep holes with nothing in them.

Without using the pinpoint button , just wiggle the coil side to side as you slowly bring the coil back toward you. When the signal stops your target should be directly under or just slightly off the tip of the coil. That's it ,....literally all you have to do.

Back
Top Bottom