Queen Victoria Thinga-ma-bob

Azmodeus

Diggin In Illinois
Forum Supporter
Nice day today, got out and found some nice silver mercs, a barber, sterling ring, and this awesome little pendant/fob thing that has 1800's dates on it. Can anyone ID this thing and show me one thats not all ate up so I can see what it looked like? It says Victoria on bottom and 22 June and then a few different dates, one looks like 1897 and I think I can see the word Jubilee. Her face is on the front also but hard to make out. I tried to find a similar one on Google but failed, hopefully one of you ID experts can help find the same one. Slightly bigger than a quarter.

Attachments

• IMG_20161015_180653.jpg
    IMG_20161015_180653.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 233
I know that there was a big hub-bub way back when she visited the USA.
Perhaps this was from that visit?

Did she visit? I thought he future Edward VII did around 1860?
I have looked but just can't match your find to any official commemorative medallions. Retailers back in the time released their own medallions also - a chance to advertise the shop! So could be one like those.....

Nice find! My quick search didn't turn up anything. Hopefully you can get a positive ID!

Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee was June 22 1987, so if you're making the dates out correctly, then it is likely a pendant or charm commemorating that. I couldn't find a similar heartshaped match though. Very cool though!!

Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee was June 22 1987, so if you're making the dates out correctly, then it is likely a pendant or charm commemorating that. I couldn't find a similar heartshaped match though. Very cool though!!

You mean 1897? Pretty sure that's the date on it, definitely much older than 1987 :lol:

Back
Top Bottom