NEL Tornado or SEF Butterfly Coil for my Fisher F-2

bwarkentine

I have a 4", 8", and 10" coil. I love my detector, and I want to maximize what it is capable of doing. I search mostly old homes for coins. Both coils are priced about the same. How do the differ and how do they compare? I haven't been able to find much on them. Rather than get the 11" DD coil, I figure I might as well upgrade to the best coil.

I have a 4", 8", and 10" coil. I love my detector, and I want to maximize what it is capable of doing. I search mostly old homes for coins. Both coils are priced about the same. How do the differ and how do they compare? I haven't been able to find much on them. Rather than get the 11" DD coil, I figure I might as well upgrade to the best coil.[/QQHow deep you getten on the 10"round coil?

I have a 4", 8", and 10" coil. I love my detector, and I want to maximize what it is capable of doing. I search mostly old homes for coins. Both coils are priced about the same. How do the differ and how do they compare? I haven't been able to find much on them. Rather than get the 11" DD coil, I figure I might as well upgrade to the best coil.

The nel coil is a 12x13 and they even make a bigger one. I love the tornado coils and you can easily see 1/2 to 2" increased depth over stock coincentric coil. It just depends on what the target is.

Being a dd coil the Nel will give you a much better degree of target seperation, ground coverage per detector sweep and depth in highly mineralized soil over the coincentric stock coil. As for the SEF I have not used one, sorry.

I would upgrade detectors before you invest in a limited detector. You could get the f4 or f5 and do better.

Thank you for your input. I most likely will upgrade my detector to an F-4 sometime this summer. I know the current coils I have can be used with the F-4. Thanks for your input.

Not sure how your soil is there but here the stock coil on the f2 8" concentric coil found me 20 Silver coins,1 1965 Silver class ring and few other rings 1 thats gold filled and many others neat stuff. Deepest coin was a 1905 Barber dime at 8''. Have 4 or 5 barber dimes actually all ringing up close to 8". Ok long story short the f2 broke on me and my money was funny so instead of buying the f2 again i bought the f4 since it has a stock coil of the 11"DD and all my other coils would work on the f4 from the f2. BUT after getten the f4 and useing the 11" dd coil i have found im only getten maybe 4'' depth. That being said i have came to conclussion that i have good soil and Concentric is only way to go and the 8'' concentric is on my f4 rite now. First day i put the concentric 8'' coil bak on f4 i found 20 LIVE 1943 M50 armmor pierceing machine gun bullets but no silver yet but i will. Theres no one more poorer than i am so i urge you get get at least the f5. But before you do find out which coil works better in your soil. BTW the f4 is the same as the f2 theres no upgrade there trust me.

Thank you for your input. I most likely will upgrade my detector to an F-4 sometime this summer. I know the current coils I have can be used with the F-4. Thanks for your input.

How chatty is the 8" concentric coil on your f2 and how dedep are you retrieveing targets?

I use the 10" coil. I have no issues finding coins 4 - 6" no problem. I've had mine since Oct. and I found 7 silver and close to 100 wheats. I have dug a signal or two at 8" mark.

I find that power lines cause major problems.

Do you like the f-4 more or less than the f-2? What are the benefits? I was interested in the SEF or NEL for the purpose of getting 8 to 9" with solid signals. I'm still considering getting them and then upgrading to an f-4 at a later date.

Do you like the f-4 more or less than the f-2? What are the benefits? I was interested in the SEF or NEL for the purpose of getting 8 to 9" with solid signals. I'm still considering getting them and then upgrading to an f-4 at a later date.

The F4 is same thing as the F2. Its not a upgrade. Will need to go to the F5 if you really wanna upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom